• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Herbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vida

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Can guinea pigs eat herbs?
Mine adore parsley, but I wanted to know about mint, rosemary, thyme, basil, etc...

Some places say no, others yes. I have even read that you should never give parsley to a pregnant guinea pig as it has abortive properties...but mine ate/eats huge amounts of it daily. So I thought I would ask the experts... ;)

Of all the herbs they can have, my lot love parsley, corriander and dill and are developing a fondness for basil too. They tried a few chives last night and they got a mixed reaction - Pixel spat them out! :))

Of all the herbs they can have, my lot love parsley, corriander and dill and are developing a fondness for basil too. They tried a few chives last night and they got a mixed reaction - Pixel spat them out! :))

Parsley is the favourite for my two boys as well. CheesyPuff pratically eats my hand off to get it - you wouldn't know he was capable of moving so fast. They weren't too impressed with chives either lol.

parsley goes down well with my girls but coriander disappears immediately with Peter :)) keep meaning to nip down the garden and try then on sage, rosemary and fennel. Oh and they all eat the mint as well

cilantro is surpringsly a favorite of my pigs (surprisning in my opinion, because i think it tastes like soap! OH will argue with me till the day he dies that it doesnt tho!) rolleyes

Yeah, I've never even attempted to give them chives as even the taste is quite onion-like. It didn't seem right to give them something that tasted like onion...

ive never given my pigs anything from the onion family, but ive often thought it's a rather shame that they cant have it. my family never has a shortage of onions, we put it in everything...same goes for garlic! :))

Ok when I said mine didn't like chives either I think I actually meant something else. I think I was thinking of dill.:red This is why I don't have dinner parties.

ive never given my pigs anything from the onion family, but ive often thought it's a rather shame that they cant have it. my family never has a shortage of onions, we put it in everything...same goes for garlic! :))

I love onion and garlic, too :P Easy way to make dinner yummy without salt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back