• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Hermit crabs escaped :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Got home last night and opened the door to find two of our three hermit crabs on the floor :{ (they are on top of a chest of drawers) the only way they can get out is the tiniest of gaps at the top of the tank where the lid is slightly up due to the thermostats wire - the gap is like 3mm

So yeah we found Mr Pointy and Mr Pinky on the floor - Mr pointy we noticed missing yesterday morning and Mr Pinky had been missing about 3 days so god konws how long they'd been out.

We put them back and Pinky has been at his salt water a lot but they're still alive this morning so hopefully be okay

Now I'm worried that Mr Pinchy escaped :( Last time I saw him hed buried and that was a week ago so now we reckon he may have got out too and if he did he'll be dead for sure :(

Hopefully these two wont escape again and I'll be getting some more hermit crabs in a few weeks

I hope Mr Pinchy is just buried in the sand but who knows :(

Naughty crabs! rolleyes

zombieprincess

Adult Guinea Pig
Uh oh, hope Mr Pinchy is just hiding in his tank. We had the same issue with my housemates snake he kept getting out of the tiny gap next to the thermosta wire ... we plugged it up with blu tack after his 3rd escape.

I do hope you recover Mr Pinchy safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.