• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hey everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just joined the forum and would like to say hi and introduce myself.

I am a 21yr. old Illinois State University senior majoring in finance. I live in an apartment off-campus w/ three other roommates and my guinea pig, Gus Gus. I have had four guinea pigs in the past, when I was in grade school, and am now the proud owner of Gus Gus.

I first met him last January while visiting my girlfriend at Univeristy of Illinois in Chicago. Her friend's roommate bought Gus Gus and kept him in her dorm room. I, of course, had to see him. Upon seeing him I noticed that he had no food, no water, and his cage was filthy. After taking him out and playing w/ him for a bit I offered to clean his cage and get him some water. His owner at the time thought it was strange but agreed. Several other visits during the semester I found him in similar conditions and thus brought him fresh veggies from the salad bar. When summer break was nearing I found out that his owner would be gone for a while over the summer so I offered to take care of Gus Gus for the summer. After getting him on a regular eating schedule and deit, and into a routinely cleaned cage, he seemed happy. I also had to rid him of lice and get him used to contact w/ humans. However, he has been doing well and gained half a pound this past summer.

I still have never been contacted by his owner once to check up on him, and even if she did I would never send Gus Gus back into what would be certain death. Well, he seems happyier now and is getting used to college life. haha. My parents and friends back home miss him tons and are jealous that I get to see him and pet him daily. And I don't blame them, he is just too cool. Well, here he is, an Abyssinian white. (I'll take some more pics later)

Gus.JPG

he is one very lucky pig to have you in his life, it sounds as if his life was very sad before, he is a beautiful pig and am so glad you adore him,
welcome to the forum its getting bigger each week a good sign we are a lovely friendly lot, I've got 33 pigs myself 16 girls and 17 boys in 2 purpose built sheds, I also have a dog max he was 14 yesterday which was tinged with sadness as his brother charlie died in july, and it was max first birthday with out him,
I've kept pigs for over 30 years and adore them, I also have a 27 year old meyers parrot called Jimmy who loves his mum (me) but hates men except my husband of 27 years Mick, I have 5 kids from 25 to 11 and a grandaughter of 2 and another on the way in december,
my long time friend Kendy lives in Iowa not too far from you, ;)

:) Hiya, your piggy definitely got lucky when you found him. He's lovely, I have a male Aby too. Glad you found this forum, it's great, really friendly.

Kathryn xx

Hi and welcome!

Your piggy is lovely and very lucky to have found you!

Looking forward to hearing more about him and you!

Hello and welcome to the board, Gus is a handsome lad, you must be very proud of him.
he looks to be a real little poser too!
Look forward to chatting with you,
Barbara

Thanks for all the great welcomes everyone. And michellemuffin, WOW! Sounds like you have your hands full of family, friends, and animals! You must have some kinda of outstanding daily routine to keep up with all of them.

Hello!
That is one gorgeous little pig - and he is so lucky that he got rescued by you!

Hi welcome to the forum. Gus Gus is a beautiful little pigger. I'm so glad you found him.

Hi , welcome to the forum.

Gus Gus is so lucky to have you as an owner :)

Welcome. What a lucky guinea, good for you. My sister had an identical one years & years ago, a boy called Katie .... don't ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back