Hi Everyone I'm new!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

piglover

Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself, just joined this fab site and already spent a while reading all the helpful things. I have 4 boys - Pookie 4yrs, Ted 1yr, Larry 8 wks & Shaun 7 wks. Pookie & Ted are free range around my studio flat Larry & Shaun well .. lets just say we're working on it! They were together in the pet shop I got Larry first then a week later went back for Shaun but the seem to have forgotten each other! Very tense atmosphere! Little Shaun is to die for he is a blond dutch with the sweetest personality.., ahh I'm wandering - sorry! Anyway look forward to reading all the news etc. If anyone has any advice with the Larry & Shaun saga I'd be grateful - tried the meeting in the bath (neutral) as I said I live in studio flat so space is limited!

Thanks!

D

DebbieR

Hello welcome to the forum. Your brood sound lovely. Can't wait to see pictures :)

Reaction score
Hey Piglover,
welcome to the forum. Would love to see your photos of your pigs they sound adorable. My advice re: Larry and Shaun would be to seperate them for now, because when boars have been seperated from each other as they had in the petshop they then need to be carefully reintroduced in the way you would introduce a newstranger pig. If you take a look on www.barmy4boars.co.uk under options and introducing 2 adults (which is actually the procedure for boys pretty much 6 wks +) take it from there. Basically start with the cuddles, then they run together, then try a totally clean cage so its nueteral. If you can keep them side by side in the meantime so much the better.

Also just a thought are they all free range together? Usually more than 2 boys together is a bit problematic and might also explain why you are having problems.

Deb

Reaction score
Hello Piglover

just wanted to wish you a warm welcome to the forum. :)

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your 4 special guys.

Deb x

starshine

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Another welcome from me!

Hope you are enjoying the forum and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your boys!

P

piglover

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome!

I don't have the facility for pics - sorry I can only describe them! Pookie 4yrs Black & White Dutch, Ted 1yr Brown / Beige Aby, Larry 7 wks white fluffy ball ?!, Shaun 5 wks cream & White Dutch. In answer to your question Cashmincal - there are not all free rangers only Pookie and Ted.
I do think from past experience (all boars) if they don't seem to like each other in first half hour they aren't really gonna like each other. Pookie is very very laid back and will accept anyone, even more than one boar so I'll keep trying over the weekend. Paws crossed!
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.