• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

PopcornPigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi
So I've been finding myself pretty lonely lately with not much to do, nobody to talk to (except my OH) and I feel like I need something to keep me busy. Something I can work at.
I currently go to uni 3 days a week and work 2 days a week. I also have to obviously do uni work in spare time but want something else which will fit in. Does anybody here have any suggestions? e.g. what are your hobbies?
I would really like to take up kickboxing but too embarrassed to go by myself.. Or maybe something creative but not sure what.

god id love to do kickboxing, but I'm the same as you!

what about cross stitch or something like that? Or knitting or sewing items for rescues?

I thought Cross Stitch too :)

If you fancy something crafty you could look on Gumtree and see if there are any classes in your area.

I'd like to join a class or club but because I work shifts it would be pointless as I'd miss loads :(

give the kickboxing a try, who knows you might make a few friends there and then it won't be like going on your own! I do card making but you could always try drawing, painting, cross stitch, knitting or sewing

id be really interested in learning nail art, but dont know how to go about finding out about it as i have never done any other kind of nail stuff, but i think id be ok at it.

I like painting nails, I once gave my OH a pedicure (shh don't tell his mates!) I told him 'you can't take nail varnish off, you have to wait for it to grow out' - ha ha!

I'm gonna go into town tomorrow and go into a fabric shop n ask about stuff.
Want to do something active too..

start jogging? power walking? walk someones dog that cant do it themself? volunteer somewhere?

Hmmm...you could try out sport activities, pilates is nice and relaxing! Or you could take up painting, jewellery making..or see whats on at your local college? They usually do night classes in life drawing/sewing/cookery etc. Or if you have a church nearby, you could help out at youth clubs? They usually run from 4-8pm :) Just some ideas!

Possibly not creative, but I find bellringing (as in tower, not hand bells) is a sociable hobby! It's cheap, there's always something new to try out, and we go to the pub afterwards :) (You don't have to actually go to church either)

Kickboxing sounds pretty awesome though. Does your uni have a kickboxing club?

No uni doesn't have one, but there is one nearby. I did karate and a couple kickboxing lessons when I was about 13 (wanted to be like Buffy haha) and enjoyed it, didn't get to black belt though :( about four belts away! Would be great to get back into it.

Possibly not creative, but I find bellringing (as in tower, not hand bells) is a sociable hobby! It's cheap, there's always something new to try out, and we go to the pub afterwards :) (You don't have to actually go to church either)

Kickboxing sounds pretty awesome though. Does your uni have a kickboxing club?

No fun for those that live next to the church though :p

J/K I've learned to sleep through it on a Sunday morning now :))

Hmm maybe. Don't think OH would be interested but I could try and find someone..

werent you saying the other day you need friends other than oh? there you go, just ask around, id defo come if i lived near you, even if you do look like poo ;):p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back