• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Honey is at rest πŸ’›πŸ―πŸ’›

dannif_piggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So last night at ten past 11, it was the time to help my OAP Honey over the Rainbow Bridge.

6 and a half years ago, she came into my life with her sister Treacle. I was 13 years old, and excited about bringing my new fur babies home. I was in love with them.

Honey just wasn't like any other guinea pig I've had. I love all my pigs but sometimes there's that special one that touches your heart a little bit more - this is exactly what Honey did. She wasn't really much of a guinea pig really, I always said she suited being a lap dog much more πŸ˜‚ Often I would get her out her cage in the morning and let her snuggle into the duvet with me. She just loved cosines and warmth, and being with me. She would sit there just kissing me, all over my hand and up my arm. November 2017, we were told by an inexperienced vet to put her to sleep as she could feel a mass by her kidney. We later discovered by a different vet that she had ovarian cysts, and these were then controlled with hormone implant. Soon the implant stopped working and ultimately the decision was made to spay her. Throughout this whole journey Honey was so resistant, and after her op, she came home to straight away eating veggies by herself.

However since the op, she was never quite the same, with almost constant soft stools and large fluctuations in her weight. She never seemed in pain, not until yesterday morning. She refused syringe feeding and looked lifeless, so we took her straight to the vet, once we were there she peeked right up and they kept her in for the day to see if they could figure out the issues, she was very sensitive in her bladder area and they thought that could be causing her discomfort. We brought her home at 7 and they said she had been rather lively all day, and basically gave her painkillers but they were not greatly concerned, just to keep topping her up with critical care. 3 hours after been home, she had not willingly moved, only eaten a small slice of cucumber, reusing any more food and looked so uncomfortable. We took her to out of hours vet, I travelled with her close to me wrapped in a blanket in my arms and ultimately when we got there she was almost already gone. She laid sprawled out flat on the table in her blanket, with wide helpless eyes. The vet felt her bladder and it was very full, suspecting she hadn't had a wee throughout the day. She looked so exhausted. I was stroking her to calm her down, and lent down to give her a kiss. She made her last willing move towards me in order to snuggle into my neck. I knew she was suffering, i had to make the hardest act of love I could and put her out of pain. Right until the last minutes they kept her in a nice snuggly blanket, her favourite place, and she will be buried with it also.

Honey, you were beautiful in every single way, you kept fighting with everything that was thrown at you. You helped me through so much, including grief of my other animals, and now you're not here for me to grieve to πŸ˜ͺ I find comfort in how ready you looked, how tired you looked and how limp your body was. Willow will be okay, she's missing you a lot already, but I'll look after her. You've mothered her up until this point and now she's big enough to fight her own battles. I'm so sorry your bond wasn't longer, but so happy you loved each other the way you did and you spent the last months of your life with a beautiful little friend. I hope your last day of life wasn't too stressful and lonely for you. At least your got to see Willow one last time and I was with you right until the end. I'm so lucky to have had you in my life. Thank you for everything. One more thing, rest happy my little angel, I hope you can eat all the veggies you dream off once again, and that your pain free. you will be missed by the whole family.

I just can't believe she's gone.

I probably haven't said everything I could ever want to say, but my mind is so jumbled up at the moment.
One final thing...
RIP my beautiful little fur ball. I'll always love you πŸπŸ―πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›

Can I ask everyone to fill this thread with as much yellow as they can. It was her colour, I always used the yellow heart and Honey pot. I think it'll look really pretty to fill it with he colour πŸ˜ŠπŸ―πŸ’›πŸ’›
IMG_0734.JPGIMG_9310.JPG

Finally to every single person that's helped me the last 6 months, from making the decision to get Honey spayed, to advice dealing with her soft stools, to support when I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing. Just thank you all πŸ’›

I am so sorry for your loss. I have replied on your other thread. Honey was a gorgeous girl who loved you right to the very end. She is now at peace at The Rainbow Bridge and is popcorning, playing zoomies and is young and carefree once more. Sleep well Honey.

Honey was a very special piggy indeed and was certainly one of my forum favourites. She was such a fighter and I often wonder how so many small animals, that have been through so much, can fight so fiercely but then she had a wonderful piggy slave behind her every step of the way. It's always harder to lose a beloved pet when you have to help them over the bridge but you are right to remember all the good and loving times you shared together. Rest in peace Honey πŸ―πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›

I am so sorry for your loss. I have replied on your other thread. Honey was a gorgeous girl who loved you right to the very end. She is now at peace at The Rainbow Bridge and is popcorning, playing zoomies and is young and carefree once more. Sleep well Honey.
I know now her pain has all gone 😌

Honey was a very special piggy indeed and was certainly one of my forum favourites. She was such a fighter and I often wonder how so many small animals, that have been through so much, can fight so fiercely but then she had a wonderful piggy slave behind her every step of the way. It's always harder to lose a beloved pet when you have to help them over the bridge but you are right to remember all the good and loving times you shared together. Rest in peace Honey πŸ―πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›
Such a beautiful message. and bless you to say she was one of your favourites. Thank you as always for your continued support πŸ’›

What a beautiful tribute for a beautiful girl. ⭐️⭐️
I replied on the other thread but I think this thread is important too.
Allowing her to be pts is a wonderful gift of love but tough on us.πŸ’›πŸ’›
She will live on in your heart.
Take time to grieve and be gentle with yourself :hug::hug:

What a beautiful tribute to your beloved piggy. πŸ’›πŸ’›
She had the most amazing life with you and was loved and cherished until the end. πŸ’›πŸ’›
She is now a shining star in heaven.🌟
RIP little one. xx

What a beautiful tribute. πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›
I am so very sorry. Now she is pain free and popcorning at the Rainbow Bridge. ⭐️🍯🌼⭐️🍯🌼⭐️🍯🌼⭐️🍯🌼⭐️🍯🌼⭐️🍯🌼⭐️🍯🌼⭐️🍯🌼⭐️🍯🌼⭐️🍯🌼⭐️🍯🌼⭐️🍯🌼⭐️🍯🌼⭐️🍯🌼⭐️🍯🌼⭐️🍯🌼⭐️🍯🌼⭐️🍯🌼⭐️🍯🌼⭐️🍯🌼
Rest In Peace honey! πŸ’›πŸ―πŸ’›πŸ―πŸ’›πŸ―πŸ’›

Sorry to see hear about the sad news, i dont know what to sayπŸ™ she was a very good looking pig though. My thoughts are with you x

Sorry for your loss ! πŸ’›πŸΉπŸŒ»πŸΉπŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸŽ—πŸΉπŸ’›πŸŒ»πŸ’›,R.I.P

Back