• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Horrlble end to Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommies Mam

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My really close fried Becks went to Edinburgh to visit her family at Christmas leaving her cat in charge of me! We were supposed to spend new year eve together.

She has really bad asthma and has been hospitalised a few times she started to feel poorly on Monday she was admitted to hospital she's now in hospital 120 miles from home, last night she was transferred to ITU it transpires that despite having a flu jab she has swine flu and septicaemia. I was planning to drive up there to visit her but because there I a slim chance I could also contract it despite also having a jab and it would be very dangerous to me if I did I can't visit her.

mega vibes for your friend! hope she gets well very soonx>>

Thats awful, I'm so sorry. I'm sending your friend loads of healing vibes, update us when you know anything. HUGS to you. x

Poor thing, that sounds awful. It seems the flu is hitting us worse this year, whereas last year it didn't really seem to take hold. Hope your friend is ok. xx

Oh my...I hope she recovers soon. That sounds awful.
My friend is suffering from swine flu at the moment too and spent Christmas day (which is also her birthday!) stuck in bed unable to walk :/

Many healing vibes being sent to your friend. Best wishes x

That's awful, I hope your friend makes a speedy recovery, sending lots of healing vibes. xx

BIG HUG

Fingers crossed for your poor friend!

Oh my...I hope she recovers soon. That sounds awful.
My friend is suffering from swine flu at the moment too and spent Christmas day (which is also her birthday!) stuck in bed unable to walk :/

Many healing vibes being sent to your friend. Best wishes x

hope your friend is ok too hon x

Oh no hun, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.
I hope she is okay. Probably best to stay away though as things like that can be lethal x

Thanks for your replies, a quick update.

Becks was doing better and was transferred from ITU to a ward unfortunately she deteriorated again and was re-admitted to HDU where she remains she was seen by the doctors this morning and they believe that she is now developing fluid on her lungs so is on IV frusimide

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your friend,there are so many people poorly at the moment,it's quite scary.

hope she makes a swift recovery and can be home soon.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Hope she gets better real soon. *Big Hug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back