How did you find out about the forum?

KHBz

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I found you through Google when I was in the process of acquiring two sows for my daughters. I knew nothing whatsoever about guinea pigs and so needed instruction on everything -- which this forum has provided. I skulked for the first couple of months, both learning a great deal and gradually coming to see that this is a rather lovely community. I then joined when I needed specific advice as to whether something merited a vet trip or not (it didn't). I now spend rather a lot of time here as it feels such a friendly place to be -- and, of course, those little guinea pigs have won me over. I find it very impressive how much help, information and support you unfailingly give in your answers to any question, over and over again, and how incredibly quickly you respond. Thank you for all your work.

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
I found you through Google when I was in the process of acquiring two sows for my daughters. I knew nothing whatsoever about guinea pigs and so needed instruction on everything -- which this forum has provided. I skulked for the first couple of months, both learning a great deal and gradually coming to see that this is a rather lovely community. I then joined when I needed specific advice as to whether something merited a vet trip or not (it didn't). I now spend rather a lot of time here as it feels such a friendly place to be -- and, of course, those little guinea pigs have won me over. I find it very impressive how much help, information and support you unfailingly give in your answers to any question, over and over again, and how incredibly quickly you respond. Thank you for all your work.
That’s such a lovely post. Many of us lurked, too, before finally joining or making our first post. I love that even an old hand like me can learn something new on here most days. And how when the chips are down, our fellow piggy owners are the best support in the world.

anyar.dris

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I found the forum in 2014 when I was looking for info on my sick piggy that time (Timmy). Too bad his case wasn't written in the forum (he had hernia as complications of neutering, which he only started having symptoms after we adopted him from RSPCA). After that, I stayed here and read a lot that can be changed in terms of the piggies' set up, behaviour, recommended vets, etc. 😁

Jessxwithlobe

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As our wonderful forum is growing daily and, we hope you'll agree, is better than ever, it would be useful to know how you first found out about us and why you decided to join.

How did you come across us? Did someone recommend the forum to you? Did you find us through a social media site (e.g Facebook) Did you find us through a search engine?

What made you join? Were you looking for some specific advice? Did you want to join a community which you perceived to have similar interests to you?

Any other thoughts and comments would be gratefully received!

TGPF Staff.
I found the forum on Google when I was searching for general piggie advice. I thought it would be cool to join for the information, as well as finding others who enjoy sharing their love of these critters!

I haven't been a member long but this seems like a very helpful and friendly community!

Athena'sSlave

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I joined when I was searching a question about guinea pigs and the answer came up to be from this forum; when I saw how many helpful guides and what a friendly place it seems to be I joined! So glad I did :yahoo:

grand guinea pigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I found it when i looked up "recipes for guinea pig safe cakes" on google for our guinea pig Aegir the Abyssinian (he turned 1) for his Birthday, and a few days later i joined and it's been so fun and useful and talking to friends on it is the best and sharing stories and photos of piggies is great!

PoppyFloss

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was searching up things about guinea pigs and the info I found was often on this forum. I thought it would be great to get advice from other guinea pig owners so I joined :)

gerbilord

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I found the forum when looking for any info before getting the piggies- I was already a member of the gerbil forum, and thought there might be a guinea pig forum as well, so I googled it. :)

Marlee and Fluffy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I found the forum when I was researching about my guinea pig pooping out her intestines (we didn’t know that it was her intestines at the time) and we thought it was a stone and we thought she would be okay, (we were completely wrong) anyway, I decided to join the forum because I wanted to get more answers to my questions and give advice to other guinea pig owners, and of course, I also joined the forum to have fun!

Avid_Lover

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I browsed the forum for a while before ever joining, but when I actually had a chance to get piggies, I turned more than ever to the forum haha