1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to see your piggy on a Christmas card? Enter our free competition here!.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Reminder to UK forum members that Autumn is here and outdoors piggies need to readied for the winter Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

How Did You Find Out About This Forum?

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by Jerrybelly, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Jerrybelly

Jerrybelly Moderator
    Senior Guinea Pig

As our wonderful forum is growing daily and, we hope you'll agree, is better than ever, it would be useful to know how you first found out about us and why you decided to join.

How did you come across us? Did someone recommend the forum to you? Did you find us through a social media site (e.g Facebook) Did you find us through a search engine?

What made you join? Were you looking for some specific advice? Did you want to join a community which you perceived to have similar interests to you?

Any other thoughts and comments would be gratefully received!

TGPF Staff.

2. Bekki

Senior Guinea Pig

Found you guys via google I think :-) browsed as a guest for well over a year (decided I wanted guinea pigs in 2009) before actually signing up in 2011, I joined up just because really lol. I browse most forums without ever signing up.

3. I found the forum through Google. I joined because I wanted a place to talk piggy.

4. Finndor

Finndor Junior Guinea Pig

I recently started fitness training again and my fridge is full to bursting with fresh fruit and more importantly veggies... anyway, I'm finding myself throw a lot of stalks, leaves, ends away and it got me thinking all this used to go to my piggies, which got me seriously wanting them again, so I hit Google to start to gather info (as its been a couple years) and there you were! looked around for a bit as a guest and decided to join as this seems to be a very friendly, informative place!

5. helen105281

Forum Donator 2016/17

Through AlisonT, she had bought cozies from Pollie (who was a member then) and I needed some hamster ones so I joined up. Then a while later we adopted Gertie and it went from there.

6. klee

klee Adult Guinea Pig

I heard about the forum as one of my uni friends housemate had guinea pigs in her room, and she was using the forum to try and rehome a piggy who just wouldn't get on with her others.
    Thought I would have a nose around, signed up and haven't looked back since.

7. Sue G

Forum Donator 2016/17

I googled Xeno, as I wanted some information about it, and the first link was a reply here in the forum, so I joined at once. That was when I had my last guinea pigs maybe 5 or 6 years ago, but I remained a piggy-less member for the next few years.

8. LisaAli

LisaAli Administrator
    Staff Member

Wallace (our avatar) lost his brother and we didnt know what to do, so whilst searching the internet for some answers we came across the forum and the rest is history so to speak :hug:

Lisa & Ali...x

9. jenniferanneharris

Senior Guinea Pig

Through google. I wanted to know more about piggies before thinking about getting some and thought a forum was a good place as i was a member of a few animal forums. Browsed as a guest for a month or two before deciding to join. :-)

10. madguinealady

Forum Donator 2015/16

Was given a cage and asked to take my first two wanted to get it right and give them the best life possible so googled guinea pigs and found you.

11. Fluffy

Fluffy Junior Guinea Pig

I was recommended this forum from someone on Rabbits United, after I enquired.
    I wanted to learn more about piggies because I enjoy learning more about rabbits.
    I've learnt so much already and I only joined a week ago :eek: (I don't even have any guinea pigs! :)) )

12. BossHogg

BossHogg Administrator
    Staff Member

I was a member on a car forum, when one of my guineas was sick. I asked for advice in the pet section and received some, they also gave me a link to the forum and the rest is, as they say, history. ;)

13. twiams

twiams Adult Guinea Pig

Good old google for me! I’d wanted guineas for ages and one day spotted two gorgeous baby bundles of fluff in a pet shop and decided i wanted them to come home with me and so i bought a cage the same day and took them home after their quarantine period. Then just wanted to find out more about my new little pets and things i could do to make them happy etc. etc. Soon found the forum through all my google searching and joined to brag about my babies hehe.

14. Jerrybelly

Jerrybelly Moderator
    Senior Guinea Pig

I should probably share my story too.
    In October 2011 I lost my first piggy, Benny, suddenly to a bladder stone that couldn't be removed. I was utterly heartbroken, but determined that I would find out everything I could about all things bladder-related so that I could try to avoid it happening again. I browsed the forum for months and learnt loads, before eventually joining the following August. I have met many fantastic people (both in person, and virtually), and now I can't imagine my life without piggies or this forum!

15. madguinealady

Forum Donator 2015/16

Yet_ it will happen

16. karonus

Forum Donator 2015/16

Google search after we lost our second piggy Sunshine (my avatar) after having her for 3.5 years.

17. AbiS

Forum Donator 2015/16

I think I was looking for more information after I got my boys and would have been looking on google. I pretty much joined up straight away.

18. TallKaren

TallKaren Junior Guinea Pig

Found through Google whilst looking for some advice. Had a browse through the forums and thought there was a lot of knowledge about living day to day with guinea pigs.
    Find the stickies useful and have printed out the food list so I know what to give and avoid.

19. Julesie

Julesie Adult Guinea Pig

The day I got my piggies I got home and wanted to find out more about them. I searched google, possibly with a question or just general guinea pig stuff and this forum was the first to come up. I joined straight away.

20. sport_billy

sport_billy Administrator
    Staff Member

Mrs SB and I joined up when Pitch was first poorly I think to get some info, we found the forum through google, we then returned when Pitch had dental issues and never left :))
    As you can gather I love it here :) Have made so many good friends, learnt and still learning so much about piggies