• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

How do i comfort my dieing piggy?

PiggyLover223

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My pig named chip died today due to my mistake of using bleach in the same room as my guines pigs, I'm a new pig owner so I was unaware it was going to hurt them. But my other pig oreo has been limping, drinking alot of water, has a really messy coat, has white discharge coming from his eyes and hes been extremely lethargic, I put him in a blanket in his playpen while he slowly passes, but I'm having trouble knowing what else to do for him. Please tell me what I can do for my little loaf 🥺..

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
My pig named chip died today due to my mistake of using bleach in the same room as my guines pigs, I'm a new pig owner so I was unaware it was going to hurt them. But my other pig oreo has been limping, drinking alot of water, has a really messy coat, has white discharge coming from his eyes and hes been extremely lethargic, I put him in a blanket in his playpen while he slowly passes, but I'm having trouble knowing what else to do for him. Please tell me what I can do for my little loaf 🥺..

Hi!

I am ever so sorry. Do you have any out-of-hours vets you can contact?

You will find the advice and practical tips in these two guides here helpful:
Emergency, Crisis and Bridging Care until a Vet Appointment
A Practical and Sensitive Guide to Dying, Terminal Illness and Euthanasia in Guinea Pigs

Sweet Potato

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm so sorry this must be really hard for you. I hope you can get him seen by a vet, don't lose hope too soon.