• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

How do you know the time :o(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
So when do you know when their time is up?
Since Sully passed away Duke has had teeth probs etc.., but that's happened before.
But it's been more but why is it that only me has seen this? Am i such a total sook? Am i too sensitive?
I feel weird with him this weekend Duke has been different, his moods are different i dont know maybe it's me.
He's not eaten very well for the past week or so and he's loosing weight constantly, one day up and the next down :'(
We're going away at Christmas and now i'm regretting the idea, i feel like the time could be nearer than i'd hoped.
Sorry i could keep on going maybe it's just me but i don't know he's been so different the last week or so,
i've no support from home at the moment, i can't speak to anyone like this, i apologise for being so open.
It could just be me but i just don't know. I so hope i'm wrong, if not well so be it. I'm hoping he'll prove me wrong he has before.

D

DebbieR

Glynis I know exactly what you're going through. If we love our pets and spend a lot of time with them we just know when they're not right. He does sound like he's very poorly. He sounds like my George at the moment. I don't know what you can do for him.
How much does he weigh now? How much has he lost altogether? Are you syringe feeding him?

I also understand totally about not being able to talk to anyone at home. It's the same here. I'm so grateful to my very good friends that I've met through this forum. so don't apologise for being open. We all understand your pain. I could cry for you my love because we're going through the same thing at the moment. You have to keep positive and do whatever you can for him.
Thinking of you
x

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Thanks i really appreciate that. Yes it's so hard at the moment.
He's lost over 100g in the past month and i've noticed now it's daily losses of 10g or so :'(
I'm such a sook or sentimental call it what you like, i just love animals it's a bummer of a time.
Seriously hoping i'm wrong. Just things he's done this weekend that's been different. I'll treasure what ever
time i have with him however long.
I do so hope your little man is improving my heart goes out to you :( Come on George :-*

J

Jillybean

Thinking of you both. Don't apologise for being soft - it's called being caring and compassionate and I'd give anything for everyone to be like that. Think what a great world it could be then. You'll just have to keep a very close on him. I'm the sort of person that always thinks the worst and I've been proved wrong several times thank God. Sometimes they can be just under the weather and need some TLC.

I'm very lucky in that my hubby is very understanding with the pets but this forum is so good for getting advice. It's nice that everyone lends an ear and support to each other.

L

lizz79

I'm so sorry your going through this, its so upsetting when you love your animals, I'm the same. I havent gone through anything like this with a piggy but i wanted to send my hope and love to you as i went through this dilemma at the beginning of the month with my iguana ( Missy ) I know they are completely different pets but I'm sure the love for any pet is equal. She started off not eating which carried on for a month, then there was hope after an operation, she had it, and she started to eat tip bits, then she went down hill again and to cut a long story short 4 months later after a lot of worry and tears we had to give up the ghost and let her go.
I think in your heart when the time does come FINGERS CROSSED NOT YET, the love you have will show you the way togo.And please remember that He will know how much hes loved and cherished and you were both blessed to have found each other.

Ive got everything crossed for you that the little chap pulls his trousers up...lol and is feeling better soon , :-*

Reaction score
only time will tell in this case but i do believe we get close to an animal and we instinctivly know they are acting differently, I always go by my feelings, its like when you've been given advice but your head is screeching no no no, what do you do ?
he obviously is not well if he is losing so much weight,
times i think one of my pigs look or act differently one evening thinking i'll get them checked out in the morning only to find them gone during the night, I believe its there way of letting us down gently, we get so close to our animals I can read my pigs and my dog better then I can ever hope to do with my kids lol,
I really hope you are wrong this time and his weight loss is only a temporary blip, and hes better soon get him checked out though, fingers crossed most of us know exactly what you are going through, and we all love to chat so talk until your hearts content on here love , I'm lucky both my hubby and kids know my deep love of my pigs and all animals and will let me talk it through,
in fact when my daughters pig died 2 years ago unexpectedly, when we told her both me and hubby were crying with her, he said you dont ever tell anyone about this, but as i said I love you even more for showing your feelings about a guinea pig and it showed he knows what they mean to us all, guess i'm lucky, but you have got us lot here to help you anytime, hugs to you and :-* for Duke

C

claire

When i lost my Munchkin i could tell that he was different, its awful, and heartbreaking, but you have to do what your heart tells you to do.

Were all here for you and thinking of you.

Big hugs.

Love
Claire
x

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I knew I was losing Dr. Just the night before he left me I said to my mother on the phone I was losing him, and I had never voiced that to anyone before, even though I had known for weeks.

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Thanks all for your concerns, advice and lovely words :-*

I got up to him numerous times in the night, think i actually bugged him poor little dear.
He'd nibbled on some of the food i'd left overnigiht for him, so that's a positive.
He wants to eat but seems not to be able to make up his mind, am going shopping soon to get
some more treats to tempt him.
Have any of you fed 'pie apple' (used when making apple pie, it's a short cut) will check on ingredients first tho.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Dr thoroughly enjoyed fruit somoothie in a syringe (strawberry and banana was his fave.)

Good luck and love x

Status
Not open for further replies.