• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How embarassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teresa J

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We have alot of visitors to our village from the USA. Probably because it's very old and quaint - lots of chocolate box thatched cottages, really old pub and post office - I'm sure you get the picture.

This afternoon as the weather was so nice I was in the garden to the side of my house with a washing up bowl and a pair of scisors cutting grass for the piggies - I'm sure you've all been there rolleyes Anyway this lovely couple walked past and stopped to chat. We had a lovely conversation about the weather, their holiday in the UK, all sorts of interesting things.
Just as they were about to continue on their way the husband asked quite sincerely if lots of people in the UK cut their grass like I did. In the states they apparently have lawn mowers.................................:red:))

Teresa xx

Last edited:
Hehehehehe this made me giggle so much hehe! :)) and my lawnmower has four legs and wheeks!

Having earned my fair share of funny looks doing exactly that, I can fully sympathise! :(|)

Yh i been out the front late at bnight nicking my neighbour's over grown grass lol, i have never been caught tho:)) Did you tell them why you were doing it?

It is funny, but not all Americans are stupid like that :))

I cut grass with scissors all the time for my piggies. I must say though, people look at me like I'm crazy when I do that :))

I'm sorry about my outburst earlier. But I think I do have a point... :(|)

You've given us all such a laugh .... but we've all done the bowl and scissors bit.

I once watched a woman over on the fields doing just that, and I couldn't resist it, so went up to her and said "I know - piggies" ...... I had a very strange look back, then she said "I'm picking grass for my tortoises". Well, how was I to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back