How hard is it to get insurance?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've been on the the phone for at least 3 hours now, ringing round bloomin insurance companies for my chair! None of which have been helpful!
My chair is up for renewal on tuesday and I don't like the company I'm with.. so have found quite a few on the net.. ONLY to be told that the figures shown on the net are 'not quite right' with their paper figures! ?

Why have them there for all to see when they obviously arent correct!? I'm mad!

Not only all this but they wont cover my chair for mechanical or electrical faults! errrr excuse me I'm in an ELECTRIC wheelchair!?! Dunno why they sell insurance if they don't cover for the obvious!

Sorry had to write that out!
Insurance is pathetic!

Kelly xx

W

Wheekster

I hate it when companies give you the run around and you don't know who your supposed to be talking with *sigh* It can be soooooo frustrating! I hope you manage to get your insurance sorted out very soon and be able to keep your sanity too, lol. Good luck ;D

G

gothchick1515

Awww My sister cant use an electric wheelchair so of course doesnt have one i dont think we have hers insured the NHS make and give her hers? hope you get it all sorted ;D smile! x

Reaction score
I can't get NHS ones unfortunately! They're a bit naff! Is your sis able to use any part of her body? My mate, Sam she cant talk and uses an electric wheelchair with her feet! Another friend uses her mouth! It's amazing what adaptations can be done these days!

G

gothchick1515

With her CP she cant do anything except maybe hold a crayon she loves to draw! she had an electric chair but she just went round in circles she cant walk,talk,feed,dress herself etc she has to be feed through a tube in her tummy shes very severe but shes happy! always laughing it wouldnt be worth gettin a electric chair she'd find it funny slamming into her lamps etc i no her friend can use her chair with her cheek its dead clever! xx

Reaction score
Aww, have known someone with CP as bad as that and they had a chair, ok he would be in hysterics cos he couldn't steer it properly but it eventually got him around! LOL.. How does your sis communicate if you don't mind me asking? My mates with CP who I went to college with had talkers and they were funny as they could change the voice to male and/or femal, and also swear! LOL

So good to hear that your sis is happy, that's the best way to be!

Hugs to you both..

Love Kelly xx

G

gothchick1515

she eye points (looks at things she wants) and if you ask her a yes/no question she will make a 'Ah' noise for yes and wont answer for no she understands but cant phyisically use it she cant go to college it would be impossible shes at an adult day centre where she does cooking swimming etc and has her hair and make up done every week we call it work id love to work somewhere where i get my hair and nails done for free! x

Reaction score
OK.. My friend Sam does that when her talker isn't working!
Your sis can definitely go to college love.. I went to Hereward in Coventry and they cater for people with all sorts of disabitilies, some people there are much, much worse than your sis..

You'll be surprised at what your sis actually understands! It's maybe that difficult for her to express that she looks like she doesn't! Sam got a 2.1 degree in Fine Art! It can be done! :)

The adult centre sounds great though, being fussed and pampered! Bliss!

G

gothchick1515

yeh hehe my mum spoke about college and het social worker said it wouldn't be worth it she likes her centre so my mums happy oh btw hope you dont mind i added you to MSN x

Status
Not open for further replies.