• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How it happened....

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kaoskat

Ok, first I got a coupon in the mail for $10 off any $30 or more purchase at PetSmart. I decided I was going to use it after I came back from my vacation next week to get a new hammy cage because I wanted a male long haired hammy again. Today on our way out of town we were talking about Jesse and the new way he runs in his wheel (He keeps his butt on the outside because his back feet don't work so well anymore and fall out of the wheel anyway and runs with just his front feet).
Jessefrontrun.jpg

My nephew was listening and when I turned to look at him he had huge tears streaming down his cheeks because he missed Ashley. So we decided to let him use the coupon and get a new cage and hammy. When we got to the store he chose a cage and a beautiful Shorthaired Red Eyed Ivory Dominant Spot Syrian female (they only have females there).
Crystal.jpg

He named her Crystal and we went to get flea meds at PetSupermarket. On the way to the flea meds you have to walk passed the hammies. Brat saw a little Longhaired Self Black Syrian female he fell in love with.
Max.jpg

He begged to take Crystal back and get this little black hammy. I finally gave in and decided to just get another cage and I would keep Crystal and let him get the black hammy he had named Max. As the lady was catching Max, I spotted a little Longhaired Umbrous Golden Banded Syrian male that I had to have.
Shalar.jpg

He ended up with the name Shalar and we decided to take Crystal back after all and keep Shalar and Max. We leave the store and just after we got in the car Brat started wailing (he wasn't throwing a fit mind you, which he does do very often, he was honestly upset and crying). He didn't want Crystal to go back he wanted me to keep her like I said to begin with. I too had started getting attached to her already and could understand. So after much debate (and me insisting I did not have another $20 to spare for another new cage today having already bought a $20 cage, a $30 cage, 2 $4 hammies, and a $9 hammy and then finally pulling out my checkbook and doing more figuring to see if I could in fact afford another cage and still have money left over to tend to the other pets needs and a bit in case there's another vet visit needed soon) my mom hands me the money and says, "Oh, just go get it!"

And that is how I ended up with 3 new hammies on the day we just went to get flea medicine for the dogs bringing the house total to 5 (not including the escaped Ashley). *sigh* I really shouldn't be allowed in places where animals can come home with me when I leave.

-kkat

Haha great story! love it :D :D

They are all cute especially Crystal ;D

And also your nephew is cute too, that's why you couldn't say no LOL :D

ahhh you sound so like me i find it hard to resisit, so hubby always gets my pet food I do on occasionally go in the pet shop and its rare not to come out with out a pig I prey they dont have any in stock lol

LMAO Kat! That's always the way isn't it?!

Mike has to steer me away, else I would be getting a piggy everytime I saw one!

lol I'm not allowed to look at the piggies at all. I'm allergic to them so I don't need anymore. Fifteen is more than enough. I'm not allergic to hammies though.....

Yup. I break out in hives when I touch them. I'm looking in to possibly getting allergy shots.

lol Well I had 15 before I knew I was allergic and I couldn't give them up just cuz they make me itch a bit. I'm not going to add any new ones though (except my fiance's 5) and after these ones pass (hopefully many MANY years from now) I won't have more than 5 at a time but I will always have piggies.

LOL - the things we do/put up with?! 20 pigs! Gosh you'll be scratching like mad?! ;D. So in about 10 years, we'll see how many you got then?! ;D

I'm allergic to mine too my throat feels dry and i sneeze so I'm constantly drugged up with antihistamines lol i couldnt give them up even if i swelled up every day lol x

What a wonderful story and what a soft touch you are ;D

I love the little black one but they're all so beautiful. ;D

Your as bad as me Kat, My mum doesnt let me loose in our pet shop with money because she knows ill come back with the animals they have there! $4 for a Hammy how much is that over here? my last hammy Cocoa was £12! x

$4 is 2.14270 GBP which is quite cheap for a hammy even here, usually they are close to $10 (5.35711 GBP).

cool cool! only about £2 woh! thats really cheap! i dont no of a pet shop that good over here! x

Aw they're all gorgeous, especially Shalar....:( I miss my hammies *sniff*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back