• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

How long do probiotics last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abnoba

Reaction score
I got this when Lily was poorly:

"Fibreplex" for rabbits and small pets

from Protexin veterinary.

"A probiotic and prebiotic supplement to encourage normal digestive function, containing extra dietary fibre."

Best before is 31.08.2008, we opened it on the 30.09.2006. Now on the pack or on the syringe thingy it doesnt say ANYTHING about "once opened, use withing.. x amount of days or weeks", so I just wondered...

Its got this sort of paste in it. I was just wondering if this is still safe to use, or do probiotics usually go off after a week once youve opened it?

Obviously I would ask the vet first before using it, but I just wondered how it is usually with probiotics in general..

michellemuffin

Reaction score
I've had that recently for biccy and then i used it for dobby when he had the poops that was about 2 weeks after i opened it and if i remember right it did have a seal on the nozzle so maybe that would have been as long as i would have left it, but certainly worth asking a vet

Status
Not open for further replies.