• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

how many boars

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NikiG

Can you keep more than 2 boars together providing they have the right size cage?
Niki ?

I have heard of groups of more than 2 that have been successful, but I have also heard of many that have not. If you have a pair of bonded boars (I am guessing from your lovely pigture avatar) then my advice would be to leave them as a pair as introducing a third piggy could upset the status quo and you might even end up with 3 separate boars. I do however sympathise with the insatiable need to have more guinea pigs! Adding a second cage of boars is something you might consider if you would like more piggys and have the space. :)

Thankyou, i will keep them as a pair. I can't believe how addictive they are! i just keep wanting more piggies (though when i do they will be rescue piggies)!
Niki x

My 6 get on fine in their run after some mounting! But I prefer to keep them in pairs in their hutches :)

i think its nice when they are in pairs in their hutches but out all altogether in their run, its nice! :)

all my boars are together in a bottom of an aviary and they are Ok but there is one that looks as though it has been cast out but otherwise they are okay

I am one of those who have kept more then 2 boys together who Susie knows BUT BUT BUT they were all known to me from birth or babies and I know their characters ie laid back bossy etc and they live in hugh cc runs not cages have enough bottles food and hidey places,
I have managed to get 10 in one all fine and did well,
at the moment i have got 6 x2s and 1x 3 but have enough room to add if I wanted or needed to, theres more to it then putting them in together and need a lot of patience and time to do so

You've given me hope Michellemuffin. I have my 3 baby brothers (about 2 months now) all together, they've got a huge pen and I'm desperately hoping they'll all get on still when they're older.

Jillybean I have had trios of brothers live together until they died but they were from very relaxed laid back mums and were not split at all and in a large run with enough food and water for each and plenty of hidey places if they needed it, I was lucky they all got along I often find I am just as succesful with trios then with 2 , I've only recenlty taken elderly dipstick out of a trio with richie and galaxy as young richie was too much for the old man he is now in with another elderly Jinx ( one of a succesful trio both his brothers demon and domino died) so I knew he would accept dipstick which he did they adore each other and mooch about like old men, both sit in their own cuddle cups ( the only 2 to have them at the moment) you need to know the pigs wella dn know when and if they need seperating as i did with dippy

i had 3 boars together but had to take one of them out because he just kept harrassing and barbering the others >:( he now lives behind a divider in the same cage - well not a cage but guineapig village which is quite a big area. it's been so much quieter now he's not annoying the other boys and he still walks along the divider purring and wiggling his bum but the others 2 ignore him and there is no more squabbling ;)

yeah i should think so.If they grow up together they shouldnt fight...much...

Even if they've grown up together they can still suddenly start to dislike each other out of the blue. Thats what mine did.

i thought brothers are best together if you are gonna keep boars together

I have 3 boars together but the little one mounts the others even tho he's less than half their weight :)
depends on the introductions and how much entertainment they have
there's always lots of mounting and rumbling at the start, and mine even do it now but then they forget about it and snuggle up together to go to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back