How many guinea pigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just wondering how many gps people have! I have only 3 at the moment but just read that some one has 33! Can any one beat that!

Reaction score
guess thats me, I have 16 girls and 17 boys, I did have 46 a while ago, but have kept pigs most of my life (I'm 45) and am addicted to them, I have 3 sheds one for boars one for sows and one for hay and food etc, as I buy all my stuff in bulk,

S

sgprescue

I have 58 here at the moment, 27 of which are residents. Many more pigs on the way though because 6 (possibly 7) are pregnantand got 2 more coming in tomorow :D

C

cavykind

I have 8 guinea pigs of my own, only 2 rescues in at the moment plus 1 fostered out with a friend who helps me when she can :)
The most rescues I've had in was 33, I prefer to kep my numbers small though as rescue pigs need a lot of one on one care and attention :)

Barbara

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just 3 at the moment, all boys, but watch this space :)

Beks

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have 11 currently - 9 girls and 2 neutered boys.

I only had 4 last summer, all of them petshop pigs(smack my hand), then I heard about all the unwanted babies and boom I had an explosion! ;D

Reaction score
I've got 63, down from over 70 a couple of weeks ago :D 30 or so of these are residents, the rest will be rehomed when they are ready to go.

S

sgprescue

hopperhaven said:
I've got 63, down from over 70 a couple of weeks ago :D 30 or so of these are residents, the rest will be rehomed when they are ready to go.

Thank god I am not the only one with a large number of resident piggies ;D

sarahp

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Only 2 for me :(

If I had a proper garden I'd love to get more :(

On the upside, means they are very spoilt boys ;D

F

Fiszi

I've got 10. 5 boys and 5 girls. It wasn't planned but just turned out that way. Just got a girl back that I rehomed a few years ago to one of my friends. It's two cage mates died and she was getting lonely. I've had a lot more and plan to have more again. ::)

J

Jillybean

I've just got 3 at the moment, all of them victims of the "the novelty has worn off" brigade. Isn't it sad just how quickly the novelty does wear off for some? I usually have up to 7 but have purposely not taken in any more, waiting for an expectant mum so may end up with 2 more or 8 more! I have a question for the larger rescuers - how long do you spend cleaning out each day? (got to go, dog has just been sick at my feet & hubby won't clear it up! Sorry, hope no-one is eating!)

H

hils78

I have 4 resident sows & 2 foster sows now looking for a good home.
I also have a 40 year old male (who could probably do with being castrated) who will be looking for an understanding home soon.....any takers?.....!

Reaction score
hils78 said:
I have 4 resident sows & 2 foster sows now looking for a good home.
I also have a 40 year old male (who could probably do with being castrated) who will be looking for an understanding home soon.....any takers?.....!

I had my 47 year old male castrated 10 years ago lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.