• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How many guinea pigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just wondering how many gps people have! I have only 3 at the moment but just read that some one has 33! Can any one beat that!

guess thats me, I have 16 girls and 17 boys, I did have 46 a while ago, but have kept pigs most of my life (I'm 45) and am addicted to them, I have 3 sheds one for boars one for sows and one for hay and food etc, as I buy all my stuff in bulk,

I have 58 here at the moment, 27 of which are residents. Many more pigs on the way though because 6 (possibly 7) are pregnantand got 2 more coming in tomorow :D

I have 8 guinea pigs of my own, only 2 rescues in at the moment plus 1 fostered out with a friend who helps me when she can :)
The most rescues I've had in was 33, I prefer to kep my numbers small though as rescue pigs need a lot of one on one care and attention :)

Barbara

Just 3 at the moment, all boys, but watch this space :)

I have 11 currently - 9 girls and 2 neutered boys.

I only had 4 last summer, all of them petshop pigs(smack my hand), then I heard about all the unwanted babies and boom I had an explosion! ;D

I've got 63, down from over 70 a couple of weeks ago :D 30 or so of these are residents, the rest will be rehomed when they are ready to go.

hopperhaven said:
I've got 63, down from over 70 a couple of weeks ago :D 30 or so of these are residents, the rest will be rehomed when they are ready to go.

Thank god I am not the only one with a large number of resident piggies ;D

Only 2 for me :(

If I had a proper garden I'd love to get more :(

On the upside, means they are very spoilt boys ;D

I've got 10. 5 boys and 5 girls. It wasn't planned but just turned out that way. Just got a girl back that I rehomed a few years ago to one of my friends. It's two cage mates died and she was getting lonely. I've had a lot more and plan to have more again. ::)

I've just got 3 at the moment, all of them victims of the "the novelty has worn off" brigade. Isn't it sad just how quickly the novelty does wear off for some? I usually have up to 7 but have purposely not taken in any more, waiting for an expectant mum so may end up with 2 more or 8 more! I have a question for the larger rescuers - how long do you spend cleaning out each day? (got to go, dog has just been sick at my feet & hubby won't clear it up! Sorry, hope no-one is eating!)

I have 4 resident sows & 2 foster sows now looking for a good home.
I also have a 40 year old male (who could probably do with being castrated) who will be looking for an understanding home soon.....any takers?.....!

hils78 said:
I have 4 resident sows & 2 foster sows now looking for a good home.
I also have a 40 year old male (who could probably do with being castrated) who will be looking for an understanding home soon.....any takers?.....!

I had my 47 year old male castrated 10 years ago lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back