• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

how much floor time/space?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Question!

My c&c cage is 74cm wide and 186 cm long, there's an additional tier on top which is 74cm x 74cm.

So my question is, what additional floor time do they need? My piggies are very new, I've had them less than a week, so they're still settling in to their new home, and I don't think letting them out at the moment would be wise as I haven't piggy proofed my my flat - electric cables etc, although I will be getting to that soon.

Eventually when they are older, bigger, and more at ease - I hope to keep them as free rangers.

But I was just wondering if keeping them entirely within the cage now was cruel and whether I need to invest in a play run or another batch of c&c cubes for more floor space?

Many thanks
xx

Piggies definately need run time also, we have C+C grids that are cable tied together so they fold up easy and make the runs out of that, I try and use several and make the runs as large as possible so they have lots of exercise space.
Our piggies tend to have run time 3 times a week and on weekends they are normally in the run most of the day... Run time is important to keep them healthy.

Hope this helps

Thanks! That's totally doable, good idea about the cable ties, those bleeding connectors aren't half a faff to get on and off! lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back