• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How much should piggies eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baby piggie

i have had my piggie for about three weeks now, i have noticed that he doesnt really eat very much - how much do guinea pig eat? I'm worried that he isnt eating enough, i have checked his teeth, everything seems okay. He dosent seem to like his fresh veg or fruit. Anyone got any idea what i can do?

hmm i guess you should persevere! Just try one vege at a time.. maybe chop it up a lot, so it smells more. Have you tried different types? It might take a little while for him to know it's safe. Piggies have quite a lot of teeth, some that you can't see very easily (or i can't anyway!), so it might be possible something is wrong. Does he eat dry food & hay okay?

Yes, i think he does, i just wish i could talk guinea piggie and let him know that its okay and I'm not going to hurt him. I will just need to do as you suggest and try one thing at a time! Thanks for replying! :)

Have you tried cucumber and melon..out of all mine ive never had those turned down, my boys are very fussy and wont eat much, just keep an eye on how much he poops and pee's if everything is ok at that end..then he must gbe getting enough into him..a lot of the time piggies dont know what to eat as they havent been shown, in bg herds they learn what to eat from their elsers and when they are on their own with no other pigs its upto you to try and tempt him into trying things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back