• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How much vegetables?

!Nick2009

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So for a little bit now I have been giving my Guinea pigs 3 helpings of vegetables a day. The first in the morning when I wake up, the next around 3:00 when I get back from school, and the last when I go to bed. At this point my Guinea pigs know when they get vegetables and it has become a habit that I don’t want to break. So I was wondering if someone knows how much I should feed them each time if I feed them 3 helpings a vegetables everyday? Thank you!

They should have one cup or approx 50g (although this isn’t easy due to the differing densities) of veg per day, so if you are going to feed three times a day, then it’s one third of a cup each time.
I’d recommend you make their one cup portion each in the morning and then throw in a third each time. That way you know you aren’t inadvertently overdoing it

Long Term Balanced General And Special Needs Guinea Pig Diets

They should have one cup or approx 50g (although this isn’t easy due to the differing densities) of veg per day, so if you are going to feed three times a day, then it’s one third of a cup each time.
I’d recommend you make their one cup portion each in the morning and then throw in a third each time. That way you know you aren’t inadvertently overdoing it

Long Term Balanced General And Special Needs Guinea Pig Diets
So are you saying give them one cup in the morning and then giving them 1/3 for the next two?

No it’s one cup split into three for them. Vegetables are a small part of their diet. I know it’s confusing but Piggles&buns was suggesting make up a cup of veggies each in the morning and then throughout the day give them a third of that cup for each piggy.

So are you saying give them one cup in the morning and then giving them 1/3 for the next two?

Sorry I didn’t mean to confuse you - they can have one cup of veg each per day.
So I meant to make up their one cup of veg for each pig in the morning, but then split that cup into three so you give a 1/3 of it at each sitting

So I meant to make up their one cup of veg for each pig in the morning, but then split that cup into three so you give a 1/3 of it at each sitting

Sorry Piggies&buns I called you Piggles& buns ! 😂

That makes sense thank you so much!

No it’s one cup split into three for them. Vegetables are a small part of their diet. I know it’s confusing but Piggles&buns was suggesting make up a cup of veggies each in the morning and then throughout the day give them a third of that cup for each piggy.
Great thank you both you were a big help!

I do this with pellets, so that my girls can't double dip with multiple people coming through ... if there are pellets in their cups, they can have some; if their cups are empty, hay it is.

Back