• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How Often Should U Hold Your Guinea Pigs?

Ive had my guinea pigs for almost 2 months I've only had them out for lap time once or twice because it seemes to stress them out( I do give them floor time often though) I was wondering if I should be holding them more often to help with bonding some people say every day, will this help bonding with my guinea pigs or just make them hate me.
I’d say it helps with bonding. My 2 (Gizmo and Arlo) are a little over 8 weeks old and I get them out around 3 times a day spaced out of course. 2 times throughout the day and another when I go to bed and they absolutely love cuddles and even give tiny little kisses. At first gizmo was skitty and didn’t like it whereas arlo would just curl up on my shoulder and go to sleep. But after getting him out a few times he realised that he was safe and learned to trust. They’re both little sweethearts and love to run around and come curl up next to me and lick and gently nibble my fingers or face. Every guinea is different in their personalities but once you gain their trait they will love their special time with you.

I’d say it helps with bonding. My 2 (Gizmo and Arlo) are a little over 8 weeks old and I get them out around 3 times a day spaced out of course. 2 times throughout the day and another when I go to bed and they absolutely love cuddles and even give tiny little kisses. At first gizmo was skitty and didn’t like it whereas arlo would just curl up on my shoulder and go to sleep. But after getting him out a few times he realised that he was safe and learned to trust. They’re both little sweethearts and love to run around and come curl up next to me and lick and gently nibble my fingers or face. Every guinea is different in their personalities but once you gain their trait they will love their special time with you.
This isn’t necessarily the case. Some sit still until they trust you enough to tell you they don’t like it. Others don’t like it from the beginning. I don’t think it’s right to ‘force’ them to do something they don’t like.

This is quite an old thread as well. The poster hasn’t been on since 2018 🙂

Back