• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How to dispose of cats 'presents'

Emx93

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Is there a proper way to dispose of mice, birds etc that our Effie keeps bringing home? Daddy's been burying them in plantpots but of course she keeps digging them back up and then Callie (doggo) has taken to eating them which I can't imagine is good for her 😷 my children think it's very interesting but I'd sooner them not be hovered around a mouses corpse at 8am every morning 🤦‍♀️ I know it's natural for cats to hunt just wasn't sure how to dispose of her kills 😳😵

Can you put a bell and collar on her? The other option is to keep her inside overnight as that’s when they mainly hunt

Oh no! She is a determined hunter x
She is, she spends most of the day out, goes out after breakfast, pops home for dinner then I don't see her till sunset 🙄 xx I'm not sure if I can put mice in the bin or not? 😂😪🤦‍♀️ Love cats, hate the hunting!

My husband has wrapped mice up in a carrier bag before and put in the normal household bin. Not nice but had no other option x
Thankyou! I wasn't sure if they could go in the bin so that's good to know! Poor little miceys 💖

I used to put the offerings the cat brought me into the household waste bin, usually in a bag - unless they were still alive in which case they were tended and then released one they were back to health. Thankfully my cat it too old to hunt and very rarely goes out now.

I used to put the offerings the cat brought me into the household waste bin, usually in a bag - unless they were still alive in which case they were tended and then released one they were back to health. Thankfully my cat it too old to hunt and very rarely goes out now.
My senior girl doesn't go out at all (she's 15) but my 1 year old is hardly ever in during the day come rain or shine 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Back