• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How to divide this hutch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am hopefully trying to move Barry and Billy together this weekend but they fight when together, but when I let Barry run round the shed he goes up to Billy's cage and they wheek in a happy way at each other, but when I put them together they fight and Billy bullys Barry. So someone here suggested I make a divider for the hutch so they can still talk to each other and see each other. I don't know how to do that though, because I tried putting a temporary divider there this evening, just to see how big it would be and where it would go etc. and it made the sections way too small. I don't know how to extend or divide the hutch for them both to go in it near each other? I can't use Billy's cage to house them in because it's too small for the 2 of them, this is Barry's hutch that I hope to move them into, it's now on the floor of the shed with no legs.

hutch3.jpg

If I can get them together it would be better because Barry really isn't very happy alone and the sooner I get him with other guinea-pigs the better. :)

Sorry if I am wrong but are you keeping them both in just the area inside that hutch? That really doesn't look like enough room to me if it is X_X and if its 2 boys thats even worse. You could buy some C&C grids to try and separate is so they could see each other, they are effective and cheap.

This website is extremely useful for finding where to buy the cubes for C&C

http://www.guineapigcages.com/where.htm (<-- Ty to LauraCCC4 (maybe I didn't spell that right) for this page ;D

how big is the other hutch?
you could take the end walls (side) off each hutch if both hutches are the same height push them up next to each other end to end fix them together with screws and the ends (walls) you have taken off add mesh so yo end up with 2 hutches pushed up against each other fixed together and mesh divideing them.
if anyone knows what i mean could you try to explain it better both guineas will still have there own hutch to live in

how big is the other hutch?
you could take the end walls (side) off each hutch if both hutches are the same height push them up next to each other end to end fix them together with screws and the ends (walls) you have taken off add mesh so yo end up with 2 hutches pushed up against each other fixed together and mesh divideing them.
if anyone knows what i mean could you try to explain it better both guineas will still have there own hutch to live in

I think I know what you mean Claire. Do you mean to take off the left end of Barry's hutch, the right end of Billy's hutch, screw the 2 hutches together and replace the wooden ends of each hutch with mesh? That way, you will have one massive hutch but Barry will be in his hutch, Billy will be in his hutch but they will be able to see and talk to each other through the mesh without actually getting to each other?

Thanks, Barry has enough room in the hutch and he's only in there nights and with that he seems quite happy. I'm going to extend the hutch outwards with a C&C type of cage attatched to the front so they can have more room and I'll divide it so they live seperatly.

I think I know what you mean Claire. Do you mean to take off the left end of Barry's hutch, the right end of Billy's hutch, screw the 2 hutches together and replace the wooden ends of each hutch with mesh? That way, you will have one massive hutch but Barry will be in his hutch, Billy will be in his hutch but they will be able to see and talk to each other through the mesh without actually getting to each other?

yeah thats what i mean:{:(|):(|)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back