• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How to modify ramp on liberta 150?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelly

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, so I just bought a Liberta 150 for my girlies ready for their bonding, its huge and i LOVE it!

The only down side is that the ramp is pretty steep, I'm planning on making a fleece cover for it so they can grip it, but its wayyy too steep, so I was just wondering whether you lovely lot have any suggestions or if you have modified one like it yourself?
Thanks,
Jess, Daisy and Minnow.
x

I put a wooden house underneath the ramp - elevating it a bit. My pigs then jumped onto the top of the wooden house and climbed up that way.

To make the ramp safe we put a box of correx around it - making it a big long tunnel and they had no problems with using the ramp - it was very safe.

150cm is a lovely size! How many girls?

Brilliant, thank you :))

I only have two at the moment but really want three, do you think this would be big enough?

Just a little bit worried about bonding three piggles at the same time! x

150cm is okay for 3 but brilliant for 2. I had 3 in a 150 cage that had an upstairs - still do in fact.

rabbit150withloftrampview.jpg

That's the view of the ramp and upstairs we put on

That looks brilliant!
Do you mind me being nosey and asking, do you remember the measurement of correx you used on the upper level? :))

I don't remember because our cage came with an upstairs that was suitable for rabbits (wire floor) and all we did was cover with correx to make it suitable for pigs.

We did put an upstairs in a 120cm cage once here

cage.jpg

Now the measurements of this were the same as a c&c grid (I can't rememeber that offhand but I bet someone else here could) - we put 2 grids overlapped and secured with cable ties and then put the correx box based on those measurements. 1 big sheet of correx would be enough.

Brilliant, thank you :))

I only have two at the moment but really want three, do you think this would be big enough?

Just a little bit worried about bonding three piggles at the same time! x

Personally, I'd only keep two piggles in a 150 cage. I have the Trixie Rabbit 150 which is equivalent to a 4x2 c&c cage. Once you've got a few hidey's, tunnels, food bowls etc, they look a lot smaller. I use the upstairs as the 'kitchen' area where they eat and the downstairs is filled with aubiose and hay with a few cardboard boxes and tunnels. Seems to work very well. This is it when I had them on fleece so it looks a bit different now (and I made my own 2nd layer and ditched the wire one that came with it):-

IMG_0559.jpg

I'm about to modify my ramp in this cage by bending 2 C&C grids (so they have a little "wall"), and attaching these to the existing ramp, so that it's at less of an angle. Then going to attach vet bed to it to stop feetsies getting hurt. I've got lino to go on the top floor of mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back