• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

HTC Wildfire phone - anyone got one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm in the process (still) of looking for a new phone.

Originally wanted an iphone but have got an itouch and looking at the prices find it hard to justify an iphone.

I then looked at the Orange San Francisco as can get that for £80.

Now I saw Phones 4u have the Wildfire for £129 on PAYG.

Having had many years nearly 15 stuck on contracts I'm keen to avoid them again so looking at PAYG.

Last contract was £30 a month now on T mobile £10 Sim only deal with old Sony Erricson C905 - a phone I've never liked really.

How do people rate the HTC Wildfire?

If I can get it from Phones 4u it might be unlocked and Id get Tesco Sim only monthly card which is £10 and included unlimited Data which I'd need. Am hoping its easy to unlock if needed then I can cancel T mobile and get Tesco sim card.

Basically want a smart phone that I can get forums/facebook etc on but that does not have iphone prices! Needs to be PAYG and max of £130.

I bought my (nearly) 13yr old daughter one for xmas and it hasn't left her hand yet.
She absolutely loves it, I have an iphone and she says it's very similar just not as good cosmetically.
She likes the app world (similar to apps on iphone/ipod) camera's good, sound's very good quality and the screen is great too, easy to use, transfer data, songs etc.
My b/f works in an electrical store (which sells mobile phones) and he says it's one of the better (cheaper) smart phone but without compromising on quality, he says it's better than the b/b's which sell at the same price.
My daughter's was on vodafone but I paid £20 to have it unlocked and now she's on 3 which gets her 300mins, 3000 txts and 500mb of internet (unlimited on wifi) all for £15 a month payg or same deal for a £10 on a sim only contract and the signal where we live is great too.

hey I've heard this is a really good phone. I was looking at HTC too but went for a Nokia N8 as I'm a Nokia girl and couldnt face changing! Go for it x x x:))

I dont have the wildfire but a girl at work has it and loves it.
Hubby wants the HTC Desire Hd which I have been looking at upgrading too but they still want £149 for it. x

My OH has the HTC Desire and he thinks it's great, I'd not really heard of HTC before but I'd consider one after playing around with his.

There's a few reviews here
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/smartphone/htc-wildfire/reviews/

*edit* If you get one download Angry Birds for it, soooo addictive lol

After your recommendation for Angry Birds I thought I would download Angry Birds Lite to see what it's like. I have had my Iphone for a good few months now and have downloaded quite a few games but didn't think Angry Birds would be a game I like. I was wrong. It is very addictive and I have bought the full version along with the Mighty Eagle which can be used once per hour if you are having difficulty getting through a level. Each cost only 59p. Would definitely recommend this game also.

Hi,

my son has an HTC phone but not the wildfire one, think it is more basic than that but a great phone for the money really well made etc:))

I dont have the wildfire but a girl at work has it and loves it.
Hubby wants the HTC Desire Hd which I have been looking at upgrading too but they still want £149 for it. x

OH got his for free, he didn't upgrade directly with Orange (they didn't even offer it to him) I think he did it through phones4u

After your recommendation for Angry Birds I thought I would download Angry Birds Lite to see what it's like. I have had my Iphone for a good few months now and have downloaded quite a few games but didn't think Angry Birds would be a game I like. I was wrong. It is very addictive and I have bought the full version along with the Mighty Eagle which can be used once per hour if you are having difficulty getting through a level. Each cost only 59p. Would definitely recommend this game also.

I keep stealing his phone so I can play it lol:))

My OH is addicted to Angry Birds and had some kind of advent calendar where he could unlock a new game each day.

Just to update, after some ringing/looking around I got one tonight - great deal from Phones 4u as £129 totally unlocked and unbranded. Did not need to buy the £10/£20 top up as did it as a PAYG upgrade as I have both of my parents phones registered in my name.

So easy to set up and seems a great phone, just a lot different to get use to for texting and dialing compared to my old phone!

I shall get use to it soon.

Have put my old PAYG Sim in my old phone so I can use up the credit on there until I get use to my phone!

Just need to buy a case at the weekend and a screensaver sticker.

I rang tmobile and got them to add an unlimited bolt on for £5 to cover my internet I know I'll use. So that is now £15 a month, will maybe switch to Tesco Sim only in future as £10 unlimited calls/texts/data but cant be bothered at the mo with porting numbers and cancelling Tmobile as have to give 30 days notice.

Phones 4u guys were so helpful - rang me to say they had a brown one in as only meant to be white on the deal and saved it til after work, also insisted on giving my a free Actel very basic phone for free - the ones they sell for 1p plus £10 top up - might be useful one day I guess or I could sell itrolleyes

So need to set up a google account so I can use Android market place but miles better than previous phone. know its not an iphone but didnt really need one of those as got an itouch and wanted to avoid overpriced contracts and a massive bill!

Of course I have added this forum:)

Husband has one and he loves it. It pretty much is an iphone they have all the same apps (but cheaper!) The internet on it is amazing as well, knocks the socks off mine rolleyes

i haven't used htc wildfire but last year i bought wildfire s (currently using sgs2 and to me its a best android phone till now) and as per my experience with wildfire s (cos i have used it for almost an year :cool:) beside battery issues (battery life sucks :)>>> drains too quickly (well initially i thought battery issues have been hyped by other users but after using it on a long term i too felt htc phone lacks a long battery life as battery charge drains too quickly :( however not only wilfire s in specific but all other htc phones too have this major batter problems so if you are concerned with battery then its not a good idea to buy it :o) it has got everything best as per its capabilities and cost including 3.2 inch gorilla glass display screen (at least capable for better web browsing, reading ebook as well as watching videos ) with nice android os (android 2.3 gingerbread as all other latest smart phones have and also has sense UI), average processor (this is a second let down :)>>>issue but to me wasn't major however it adversely affected gaming capabilities as it lacked a better processor but only if you are concerned with gaming however hd video watching and hd 5mp camera is best (this pretty amused me though it lacked a better processor video watching and web browsing was best) besides better storage capacity and maximum RAM.

I know this is a bit late, but I have one and they are brilliant.
My only issue has been the battery life is not great.

I heard about HTC Desire, it's very nice phone. But I have one more option for latest mobile phones. Motorola Xoom is Android 3.0 Honeycomb, 1GHz Dual Core processor. Motorola Xoom tablet that runs on smart Android 3.0 OS and provides you seamless performance. As per the Motorola Xoom review, this tablet is loaded with dualcore 1GHz processor and integrates 1GB of DDR2 RAM and internal memory of 32GB. This Motorola tablet has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity support. It has front camera of 2 MP camera and rear camera of 5 MP for video chatting. Enjoy watching slideshows and movies with excellent 10.1 inches of HD widescreen (16:10) display that flaunts the resolution of 1280 x 800 WXGA."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back