• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Hubby’s colleague has tested positive for Covid. Do I need to self isolate too?

Claire W

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Chris has found out this morning that one of his work colleagues has tested positive for Covid :( He’s waiting to hear if he has to self isolate for 14 days but if he does, do I need to self isolate too or only if he develops symptoms? I’m reading lots of conflicting advise

If you husband was you would also mate I beleive.
If his colleague tests positive then if he has been in contact then he should get a test

But then again I am going on advice from my work

This is the best link Claire

NHS Test and Trace: how it works

You are in a similar situation to my hubby
I was contacted by test and trace last week and have been told I need still self isolate .
I am symptom free so hubby is still able to go to out. He would only need to self isolate if I developed symptoms.

This is the best link Claire

NHS Test and Trace: how it works

You are in a similar situation to my hubby
I was contacted by test and trace last week and have been told I need still self isolate .
I am symptom free so hubby is still able to go to out. He would only need to self isolate if I developed symptoms.

Thank you. That’s good to know

Thanks Lisa, hope all goes okay x

Glad you’re not showing any symptoms and that neither of you have to self isolate!

It might be different elsewhere but I work in a school and recently a nursery down the road had a positive case and the children from the nursery who came into contact with the child had to self isolate but siblings that attended our school/parents/family members didn’t have to and were able to carry on as normal as long as they weren’t showing any symptoms.

Glad you’re not showing any symptoms and that neither of you have to self isolate!

It might be different elsewhere but I work in a school and recently a nursery down the road had a positive case and the children from the nursery who came into contact with the child had to self isolate but siblings that attended our school/parents/family members didn’t have to and were able to carry on as normal as long as they weren’t showing any symptoms.

Yes it’s a relief as I have a busy few weeks ahead. Chris works in a school too as a teacher. Apparently any child that was in contact with the infected teacher has to now self isolate for 14 days but parents and siblings of the children don’t have to either unless they show symptoms x

Back