hutch ramp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i'v got a hutch but i'm worried about the pigs falling down the ramp or knocking things down it. i dont want any of them to get injured. the ramp is similar to the one in this hutch. haven't got a photo of mine
tim202st20closed.jpg
i want to put something down the side of it to protect it but need some ideas. does anyone have the same problem or have any ideas? would be much apreciated

ghostbusterbunny

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
To stop them falling down you could attach something like picture frame or just a strip of thin wood to act as a banister to stop them falling/jumping off. You can also line it with fleece/short carpet or something similar to give the pigs some grip when they're going up and down it?

Hope that helps!

Reaction score
Thats what i am going to do too on the sides :)

I did have fleece on the ramp but then i saw some anti slip rubber in Home bargains for 50p..just cut to size..is perfect.

Reaction score
ahhh yes a little banister is a good idea! thankyou :) got the other half on a little mission to do it for me tomorrow rolleyes i'v got the piggys loadsa new stuff and want the hutch to be perfect before they go in it :)

Reaction score
Photo-0147-2.jpg

I'm still waiting for OH to do banister lol..this is my attempt for now lol..i have put rubber in place of the fleece though.

Reaction score
oh yes i see. i'll get the banister at the top aswel because there is a big gap don't want them flinging them selfs off with excitment or flinging things down it haha. mine are bonkers rolleyes

Reaction score
Usually 1 of my terrors wants to go up and the other down so they have a squabble half way lol rolleyes

Reaction score
haha silly things. their so funny to watch :(|)

Reaction score
Its usually Ollie that back tracks down and then scampers off whining :))

Reaction score
:) aww bless. all of mine stay clear of teddy when shes waddleing about. shes abit moody, think shes using her pregnacy as an excuse tuttut rolleyes

Reaction score
Cocoa is the bum waggler here...Ollie tryed it but Cocoa soon put her back in place...i thought 10/10 though Ollie for making a stand...bless you cotton socks :))

Status
Not open for further replies.