• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hutches

Hselsby

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I’m looking for a new hutch for my pigs and I was wondering if anyone has had/got the bluebell hideaway hutch from pets at home and your opinions on it? Thanks

I bought a hutch from Pets at Home and it was complete rubbish only lasted about a year. You can't buy the one I got anymore probably because it was rubbish. You would be much better spending a bit more money on a good quality hutch. I have Chartwell Double Hutches and it is very good and built to last. I also have the made to measure covers to go over it.
Hutch Snuggles with Bye Bye Fly Screen™
Hutch Hugger™

The Customer Service at Scratch & Newton is very good too.

It depends really where you are going to keep it. I have 3 bluebells and I find them a really good hutch. they are nice and spacious and a great price for the hutch as well.

One I brought was second hand and was kept outside for a few months and the back panel had started to come away with water damage. But it was still fine for use in the shed.

I would highly recommend them but would say they will last longer if you keep them inside an outbuilding or shed.

It depends really where you are going to keep it. I have 3 bluebells and I find them a really good hutch. they are nice and spacious and a great price for the hutch as well.

One I brought was second hand and was kept outside for a few months and the back panel had started to come away with water damage. But it was still fine for use in the shed.

I would highly recommend them but would say they will last longer if you keep them inside an outbuilding or shed.

Do you think it’d be fine with a good waterproof cover over them that pets at home sell or one from scratch and netwon?

I am also saving up for that hutch as overs are very expensive I find these all very helpful I think I’m going to get it once I have enough money also with the cover I knew you said to get a scratch and Newton one but hopefully it will be fine.

Back