I can't say no:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily 74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I had to leave my job a while back for reasons stress related and I left suddenly under the doctor and never went back:(

I feel like I have let them down, and even though they seem okay about it from the texts and e mails I have recieved I still feel embarressed and it upsets me.

They want me to keep in touch and keep inviting me to various work dos and nights out with my previous work collegues.

The truth is I want a clean break, as it's too upsetting seeing them all together as a group again. I will run out of excuses soon as they will invite me to something else as they want to see me:(

How do I approach this advice please! I really cannot face them:(

Claire W

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
I am sorry that you are in this position :( If it were me, I would just be honest with them. Making up these excuses and worrying will make you ill in the long run. I think you should just explain that you are after a clean break. t the end of the day, it is your life and you obviously had your reasons for not going back. Please do not feel embarrassed. Good luck xx

Hoggle*&*Ludo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I agree. Speak to the one you trust the most and get them to have a tactful word with everyone. They won't think bad of you if you have problems.

flips

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was in a similar situation. I was off sick for a long time and never went back. I ccut all contact in the end because people just talking about work made me ill. I wrote to the 2 people that I'd had social contact with and explained that I needed to do this for my own mental wellbeing and apologised for any hurt it might cause. They both wrote back and one tried to call. I didn't even read the letters and wouldn't answer the phone. It had to be a total break for me.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Please remember that a job is just a job and these people will get on with their lives regardless, so do whatever you need to do for yourself... and take care. x

lily 74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hanks for all your answers, makes me feel much more confident now about being honest and just saying no for my own good:))

It's exactly that I want a clean break, and you have all given such brillant advice it is my life and I do worry about other peoples feelings whilst making myself unhappy I have done this all my life!

I think I will have to ignore any e mails etc now if it carries on:(

Status
Not open for further replies.