• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I don’t know where I should leave my guinea pigs when I go on holiday!

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I’m going on holidays in the nearing months and leaving my guinea pigs with my family is not an option, as all have other pets that could harm my guinea pigs or they don’t have time to clean out their cage etc. I am thinking about having them stay at a pet hotel for a few weeks when we are away. Does anyone have experience with pet hotels for their guinea pigs? Are they trustworthy? Also, if you live in Australia and you know of a trustworthy pet hotel that caters for guinea pigs, please let me know. I would just like some opinions before I book any rooms etc.
Thanks,
Leena

I’ve used a pet hotel before and it was fine. But if you are wanting to go down that route, ask to go and look around beforehand to make sure you’re happy. The last thing you want to do is take your piggies on the day and be disappointed with the set up and spend your holiday worrying.

I now take my piggies over 100 miles away to stay with my very trusted friend as one of them has health issues or my parents look after them if we’re not holidaying with them which we usually are

Maybe try a guinea pig sanctuary/rescue if you have one within travelling distance. They may help if they have space and you cover the costs and offer a decent donation. Good luck with finding someone.

Whereabouts are you located in Oz? Do you have any local rescues you could ask if they know of anywhere?

Back