• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I escaped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hope this is ok to post, I really must share!

Gosh! I have never panicked so much in my life before! Also never been that quick to think of a lie! ;D

Anyway, my mum has been round here all day, and while I was on the loo, she put something away in the drawer where I happen to keep some pregnancy tests!

Well that was it! She came storming in, demanding to know what for! Bearing in mind I am soon to be 25!

But my mum has always thought of me 'not being like that' cos of me being in a wheelchair!
She was so hyped up, and my quick thinking reply was 'When I had my 3 monthly depo injection, I had to keep proving that I wasn't pregnant and have just kept them, there's no big deal in that.'

I was so calm! I think if I turned round and said 'oh well actually I gotta keep testing to see if I finally am pregnant!' She would've thrown a major wobbly!

Thank Heaven she believed me! I must've been really convincing! ;D

So my friends, when it comes to the day out, please do not mention anything! My parents will not know if and when I am, til I am a few months into a pregnancy.

I love my mum to bits don't get me wrong, but she has always been this way towards me. She hates me going anywhere on my own too!

Does your mum not no you are trying? I wouldnt tell my parents either my dad would pass out we are his little girls lol and my mum would fuss me too much! x

Nope, no family know except for my brother-in-law and an aunt who treat me as 'normal'. I couldn't handle with the fact of them always asking 'are you?' or the look of daggers that my parents would give me!

There's some things I could never tell them!:)

sounds as if your mum wants to keep control of you, thats quite understandable but she should realise you are married and things are different now, being a mum to 5 kids myself, 2 left home it is hard but you get to realise you have to cut loose to let them make their own mistakes make their own decisions and choices in life.
its such a shame you cant talk to your mum about anything, lucky you have us nut cases on the forum to keep you sane,

LOL thanx Michelle.

Funny thing is that I CAN talk to her about anything else - it's just the kids bit that is a no-no!

She even thinks that I can't cope with my nephews on my own! I've been looking after them since they were a few hours old and the kids love to be with me!
I'm one cool auntie that gives out rides! It's cool to be in a chair! Well that's what the oldest says - and who wont believe what the darlings say? If it comes out of their mouth with no prompting then it must be true!

when my son was younger he asked for an electric scooter after seeing a girl in one we had to explain they were for people who could'nt walk etc, he was'nt impressed then, but now understands,
you sound like a very fun mobile auntie ,
kids always say whats on thier mind and my 3 are terrible as they suffer with ADHD which makes saying what ever comes into their minds quite embarrasing,
its wierd why your mum cant discuss the "baby issue" maybe she does'nt like to think of you actually" doing it" putting it blunt, ah well its her loss as she could be involved (if you wanted her to be) in a special time of your lives. which I am certain is going to happen very very soon, forgot to ask what happened at the hospital last month? did you get medication or just more tests?

It is a shame that you can't share that sort of thing with your mum. I can understand it though.

Maybe I can if and when I get pregnant, I just feel that right now I can't - there's enpugh pressure on the whole baby thing at the mo anyway!

I'll Pm you the results Michelle, don't want to bore you all! LOL

I prefer the kids to say what they feel cos then it's true and honest - ok, you can tell when they're lying, but they know not to muck around with Mike and I else they never get to come out with us!

I once saw a programme about a lady who was a Thalidomide victim, she had no arms and only very short legs, and she looked after her baby perfectly well.

She got him out of the cot using her feet and teeth, carried him downstairs with her mouth, fed him with her feet, it was amazing to see. Funny thing was though that when the Dad changed his nappy he wriggled about like kids do! but when the Mum did it he stayed dead still.

You'll make a great Mum Kelly and once your Mum gets over the shock she'll see that too :)

Thanx Bev - I do hope you're right :)

I saw that too. Some people think just cos you have a disability that you can't lead a normal life - that's where I like to prove everyone wrong! ;D

Was that one Child of our time Kelly? i saw that! shes amazing how she did it! your mum will come around Natalies mum was really mad about Nat getting pregnant but once Hayden was born she changed her tune!

Kelly, you and Mike will be wonderful parents. I can't think of anyone better. You don't need anyone bursting your bubble with tales of woe and doom - you need to stay postive - so keeping it from your family is the best thing at the moment I think. Once baby is here, everyone will love him/her and I have no doubt that you will be a very capable and loving mother. ;D

Aww thank you! It's great having friends for me to share it with! Majority of my mates round her are more the live for today people, not caring about the future.
Think they'll be told when I'm a few months gone! LOL ;D By that time they got the choice of liking it or naffing off!

Verity - Think it was one of the BodyShocks? Don't quote me on it though ;D

Ah if her sons called Paris then its the same person, her son is a little cutie! at 2 she trusted him to get out of the car and stand against teh door without running into the road!

did'nt they make a statue of her in Trafalger square,? amazing women just shows what women are capable of does'nt it? Kelly you will make a brilliant mum after all you have the important things there like being loving and caring, so dont ever doubt your capabilitys,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back