• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I Forgot About Valentines Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm lying here drinking my coffee thinking how nice it is to get a day off and not have to speak to anyone cause I have a bad throat and chest infection and just realised it valentines day tomorrow, now I need to go get ready to go into town to buy a stupid bloody present.
BLEHHHHHH!

Valentines-day-meme-miltonious-blog-06.jpg

Are you celebrating with anyone? Will you go out?

My husband is going on a stag do tomorrow (great timing hey?!) and to say sorry he came home with the box set of All Creatures Great and Small (do you remember that, it was a series about a vet on BBC in the 1980s). But I heard a squeak when he came in the door calling that he had got me a present I really thought it was a guinea pig!

Sometimes he has come home from work with animals that have been found in empty houses (he used to work in housing for a council though he is now in the homelessness department) we have had a cat, a gold fish and a hamster that were all left in empty houses and found when the void clearance team went in :( Plus others that we have fostered till homes have been found.

So it was not beyond the realms of possibility that he could have brought home a piggy.

but the DVD set was OK too. ;)

yeah but since i'm about two weeks too late in remembering, there's no chance i'll be able to book anywhere, so I guess a domino's will have to suffice.
I was actually thinking, oh, i suppose it's a good thing i need to go out today, the pigs need new veg anyway.
I'm obviously more romantic than cupid himself!
hahaha

I only got the first line of your message there!
Awww thats lovely! No, i dont remember it, I'm gunna youtube it haha
Oh, thats horrible, imagine just leaving your pet when you move. Apparently it's not even uncommon either :(
I'd love that though, getting brought home animals as presents! :D

Why not simply postpone Valentine's day until you feel better and have a formal celebration/exchange of presents a week later instead?

We've had to do this a few times over the years. We are also going out for our dinner tonight instead of tomorrow - much quieter and less expensive!

Banshee-Cat (the best cat in the world) was left in a block of flats. I cant imagine why anyone would do it :( I think postponing valentines day isn't a bad idea either!

Have a good day tomorrow, and I hope you feel better.
I see no point in soppy valentines day....bllllrrrr! :vom:

Yeahh why don't you postpone. Your not gunna feel up to anything tomorrow anyway if your poorly! And going out will probably make you worse!

Me and OH had our valentines day on Wednesday, had a TV show day during the day and a movie night during the evening. Was nice. Still going to exchange cards tomorrow. But after 6 years we don't really bother going out.. Prices always go up! And we don't buy pressies either, waste of money for us if there's nothing either of us need! We're over valentines day haha.

We don't usually do Valentine's Day either. We agreed to not get gifts, but this morning my boyfriend told me he went into town and got me something. So I get a gift and ive got a box of cream eggs to take him :doh:

awww. We have been together for 18 years this year (got married at university) and we still like to buy each other presents and go out. Or I would go out if I had a baby sitter. Would anyone like to volunteer LOL?!

We don't do Valentines either. We are treating ourselves tomorrow night though and eating veggie fingers and burgers. Money is a bit tight at the mo.

Nah, I'm not postponing it, as long as I have a present and money for a take away thats fine...I dont trust myself to actually do anything about it at a later date, ill just forget haha.
I got a card, a the walking dead tshirt from primark, a new bedsheet from primark because I ruined her favourite flannel one by letting the dog up on the bed just after i'd taken her out for a walk through the mud, spot concealer cause I used all hers up with a mega spot attack I had the past few weeks aha & a picture of dracula I bought on etsy a while ago I was gunna keep for her B/day
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/196...ef=shop_home_active_2&ga_search_query=dracula

Don't think I done too shabby ;) haha

Nah, I'm not postponing it, as long as I have a present and money for a take away thats fine...I dont trust myself to actually do anything about it at a later date, ill just forget haha.
I got a card, a the walking dead tshirt from primark, a new bedsheet from primark because I ruined her favourite flannel one by letting the dog up on the bed just after i'd taken her out for a walk through the mud, spot concealer cause I used all hers up with a mega spot attack I had the past few weeks aha & a picture of dracula I bought on etsy a while ago I was gunna keep for her B/day
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/196...ef=shop_home_active_2&ga_search_query=dracula

Don't think I done too shabby ;) haha

There's a walking dead tshirt in primark?!?! I know where I'm going:))

but back to topic: I hope you both have a lovely day, zombies and a takeaway, perfect!

I KNOW! I was gunna get it for myself before I realised the world's not a film about me, haha.
I seen your thread about the walking dead, but i haven't looked at it because ive not started watching the second half of the new season and I didn't wanna see any spoilers, haha
Thank you, i hope you have a nice day too!

Me and my boyfriend are long distance as we are at different uni's. He's on his way here now :) We do cards but never presents. Think we will just stay in, everything will be silly prices this weekend!

Have to say valentine's day is the one day of the year I'm most grateful to be single! I really don't see the point in it at all and glad I don't have to go through the awkward 'we're not going to do valentine's' to find that the one of you secretly decides to get something making the other one feel crap for not reciprocating! It's all too complex and pointless!

I KNOW! I was gunna get it for myself before I realised the world's not a film about me, haha.
!

Thats a brilliant phrase, I had not heard it before but love it.
I thoroughly approve of the Dracula print too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back