• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I Got An Interview!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer D

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So after about 2 1/2 months of being unemployed and applying EVERYWHERE I have an interview next week for a kennel attendant at a dog boarding facility. It wasn't my first choice as (from working in a daycare/boarding kennel previously for a year and a half) they don't tend to pay much and it's surprisingly stressful but at this point, I'd be so happy to have any form of money coming in! This one is just boarding though so it will be a lot different from the last one where I supervised upwards of 20 dogs off leash together. Hopefully this will mean no fights I have to break up! This one also doesn't accept EVERY dog either. The last one accepted aggressive dogs and intact dogs and more than once, I felt like a dog they took in was not acceptable to be in the environment. I was seriously bitten (stitches) twice as well (oddly enough never by one of the known aggressive dogs lol and not ever a bully breed either in fact it was a golden retriever and an australian labradoodle that got me!). So this place is going to be better! I'm sure of it! I really enjoy working with the dogs too! The interview isn't until next monday :( But I guess that gives me time to prepare! YAY!

Does anyone know... I'd like to bring in the copy of the resume that I sent to them as well as write up a cover letter that the site wouldn't allow me to send when applying. I have some really adorable photo's of myself and some of the dogs I worked with that I'd like to put on the cover letter. They seem like a somewhat easy-going company that would probably enjoy a different cover letter. Should I do it?! lol

If I was you I would take the photos with me for the interview. It would make your interview more personal and memorable. Good Luck on the day.

You could also mention you have had to deal with problem dogs which have resulted in you being bitten. The fact that you are still seeking work with dogs shows you are not easily put off when things don't go to plan. My job entailed visiting people in their own homes. I have been pushed over by an alsation and bitten by another. This did make me more nervous with dogs even though I love them and I have had them as pets all my life.

You could also mention you have had to deal with problem dogs which have resulted in you being bitten. The fact that you are still seeking work with dogs shows you are not easily put off when things don't go to plan. My job entailed visiting people in their own homes. I have been pushed over by an alsation and bitten by another. This did make me more nervous with dogs even though I love them and I have had them as pets all my life.
One of the bites I got, that nearly took off the tip of my finger was while dropping off a dog (at it's own home) that I had just taken for an off-leash walk. I was bitten by it's housemate that didn't go on the walks, a golden retriever rescue. I personally blame the owner and the company as any dog will react differently to someone in their home and that dog should have been crated from the start. I would crate my own dog if someone was coming into my home when I wasn't present even though she's never shown the slightest sign of aggression to anyone coming into the home. I'm pretty sure she would make the mailman tea and biscuits if he decided to come in ;) But it's always best to err on the side of caution with animals because well, they are animals. I think a lot of owners forget that and it's unfortunate :( Anyways, when the retriever came into boarding at the kennel I had no problems whatsoever- in fact, she seemed to respect me the most lol! Dog behaviour is definitely interesting! Hahaha! AND THEN, there is Gigantica the pig. Who is kinda a B*$%h ;) Lol! of the three pigs that she has to have buddies with, she only gets along with one and even then she takes the hay right out of Vixen's mouth! What a poo! She's such a people piggy though0 man, she makes me laugh throwing her big booty around everywhere!

Good luck!

To add, I've only ever been bitten badly by a golden retriever too. None of the bully or 'dangerous' breeds have come close to savaging me. Public perception of breeds is ridiculous sometimes and breed legislation is something I feel strongly against.

Keep up the good work with the doggies! : )

x

Good luck!

To add, I've only ever been bitten badly by a golden retriever too. None of the bully or 'dangerous' breeds have come close to savaging me. Public perception of breeds is ridiculous sometimes and breed legislation is something I feel strongly against.

Keep up the good work with the doggies! : )

x
It's sad when dogs become overbred. That's what I think happened to the golden retrievers. They are magnificent gentle animals, but lately the only ones I've worked with have had serious issues. I wonder if that is what also has happened with the bully breeds in the united states because they became so popular? I definitely know that the type of owner has a huge part in it as well and the majority of pitties, staffies, etc have been wonderful dogs in the daycare environment. I just find them really hyper and in that they seem to forget their doggie to doggie manners when they get excited lol! But that being said, border collies and pointers are also super hyper! People are irresponsibly breeding dogs and it makes me so sad. I've seen so many inbred english bulldogs that can barely breathe with legs that they can barely move on because they are so turned in. I would prefer everyone to rescue dogs but if they really have their heart set on a particular breed, go to a responsible breeder and pay the money!

Actually I didn't get into the house. The alsation that pushed me over was in the neighbours garden and ran down their footpath and jumped over the low fence to get at me. The dog that bit me ran round from the side of the house when I knocked on the door. It bit my rear end luckily I had a current tetanous injection. But it was a bit embarrassing having to put details in the Accident Records at work. I didn't get much sympathy only jokes asking if the dog had survived. I also reported the dogs to the dog warden who was already aware of them.!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back