• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I got the call😥

JimmythePig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
An adopter has been approved for Jimmy. I am meeting her and the adoption agent virtually tomorrow.
I have such mixed feelings. I will miss him terribly, but the home he is going to sounds like Guinea pig heaven. He is going to be part of a herd of 8! The adoption agent told me the adopter is a very experienced owner and has such an amazing set up for her piggies. The plan is to bond Jimmy with another piggie first and then introduce him to the herd. I told her if anything doesn't work out Jimmy is always welcome back here.
I am thrilled Jimmy will be part of a herd! I hated seeing him on his own but i can't imagine my place without him.
I have to keep telling myself the goal was to give him a safe, happy place outside of the shelter to wait for a home, but it doesn't really help.

Good news that he’s going to be with a friend. I don’t know if I could do fostering for that exact reason. Be proud of the fact that you’ve given him a fabulous life the time he’s been with you. Just enjoy the days he’s still with you and know you set him in the right path 😊

I'm fostering a post neuter piggie,will go to a new home when he is six weeks post op.it will be difficult to see him go ! for myself i have 19 piggies of my own,wish to reduce these numbers.i have alot of experience and decided for myself this is the best way forward to help other piggies .still very hard to let go .you have been a very caring owner of this piggie whilst he is/has been in your care.:hug:

It’s always hard seeing them go. I’ve not found it gets any easier, but it is lovely when you know they’ve gone to 5* homes and they send you photos of them with their new friends. But there have been some I haven’t managed to part with. Boris was my lockdown failed foster! @Flutterby is our rescue’s most prolific failed fosterer.

It’s always hard seeing them go. I’ve not found it gets any easier, but it is lovely when you know they’ve gone to 5* homes and they send you photos of them with their new friends. But there have been some I haven’t managed to part with. Boris was my lockdown failed foster! @Flutterby is our rescue’s most prolific failed fosterer.

I don't know what you mean... :whistle::whistle:

I know how you feel, I would be the worst foster parent ever in the best possible way.
Fall in love will anything furry in about 5 minutes and want to keep it. Recently had an injured baby magpie in the garden, worried handing him over to the local wild bird sanctuary. But it was in his best interest.
My husband jokes I could get attached to a cotton wool ball if it ran round and squeaked.😆

Thats good news that he is going to a home where he can have lots of piggie friends, I know it must be very hard having to give him up so make sure to enjoy the days with him before he goes, hopefully you will get lots of Jimmy updates from his new home❤️

Good to hear that Jimmy is going to such a good home.
It will be hard for you though - it will feel like a bereavement.
Even though this is act of love and you know in your heart that you are doing the right thing, don’t forget to allow yourself to grieve

Bawling already. Just had the meeting. It really does sound like a good home. She has a yard, I live in a condo, and her Guinea pigs get out in the summer to eat grass. She has 2 sows and 4 bores, the girls are kept separate. She just bought a C and C cage for Jimmy. She agreed to exchange emails and let me know how he's doing.
I am going to give her his cuddle sack, he loves it so much now that he figured it out.
Part of me knows he was just a foster and is is going to a better home, but, yeah, it's really hard.

Back