• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

i have a guest for 2 mths very poorly! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairelove

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
some of you may remember my thread http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56206

well the lady turned up with him this evening very upset, well he is in even worse condition than before has around 3 massive bleeding scabs on him and his hair on his bum is linned that much his bum is white with skin dropping off him from such a bad fungal..he is also stick thin.. the lady said he wasnt eating but ive put him in my hospital cage and he ran over to the hay munching plus eating veg and his dry food like he has never eatten:( in a long time:(..

he is now settled in my kitchen had surolan cream rubbed on him and currently still eatting..

poor boy...

the lady said her other guinea pig has signs of fungal too:( just hope the treatment i have told her to buy is carried out.

Poor boy. Really hope you can make him better. Sending lots of love and good vibes his way. xx>>>

Ooohhh poor little pig! Hope he got to you in time, even though you're not able to rescue anymore I can fully understand you not being able to turn this sad boy away. I just hope she listens to your advice this time - the lack of food is a worry!

Suzy
x

Ooohhh poor little pig! Hope he got to you in time, even though you're not able to rescue anymore I can fully understand you not being able to turn this sad boy away. I just hope she listens to your advice this time - the lack of food is a worry!

Suzy
x

the lack of food is a big worry to me too!

i asked her to bring the female to me last week and she didnt, she said she was to skittish to catchrolleyes i went on to ask where to do they live?she said togetherrolleyes:{ i said are you breeding? she said no:{ the sow is spayed after an accidental litter that resulted in a pup getting stuck she went the vets and had her spayed:{ some how i cant see that! would been better and cheaper to get the boar i have here done!

is very concerning as once he is better i will have to return him to her:(

the lack of food is a big worry to me too!

i asked her to bring the female to me last week and she didnt, she said she was to skittish to catchrolleyes i went on to ask where to do they live?she said togetherrolleyes:{ i said are you breeding? she said no:{ the sow is spayed after an accidental litter that resulted in a pup getting stuck she went the vets and had her spayed:{ some how i cant see that! would been better and cheaper to get the boar i have here done!

is very concerning as once he is better i will have to return him to her:(

I was going to ask what will happen once he is better:(

Oh poor thing. Lets hope she listens and carries out your advice. It is a bit concerning how hungry he is :(. I hope he gets better soon, poor little mite :(

the lady did say she was worried he would die!;);););)

Oh dear - do you think he might? Soon? Not before the female comes in to you and is 'rather poorly' too? ;););)

You can only do your best for these poor mites.

Suzy x

Hope he gets better,I know you work really hard with you guineas Claire,I know he will get the best of care.

he is currently lying down on some hay lol and been munching on some celery and eating his dry food! little sweetheart. the lady said is it ok if i call around see him? i just hope she doesnt, i dread sending I'm back to a life of uncertainty :(

i dont think the lady had been using the camrosa i gave her as his skin wasnt greasy like it would have been if she had been using it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back