• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I Have A Question Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetdove

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have 4 bunnies in hutchs outside, normally fill with loads of straw and hay and a box to snuggle in with hay in to keep them warm, but I been thinking my guinea pigs live on fleece and snuggle bags (mind you they are indoors) do you think maybe carpet on hutch floor and fleece plus a snuggle bag would be better for them outside or stick to straw and hay. They are not potty trained but do tend to go outside most of the time as I dont lock them in hutch unless I have workmen and need to move their outer pen. would like thoughts on this please.

PS lol I'm trying to get a tripple layer indoor cage for next winter as 1 of my bunnies is getting bit older so it be better for him.

When our bunny lived out side i wrapped his hutch in bubble wrap,he had a cover over to,loads of hay inside.

I would be worried about the rabbits eating the carpet or fleece. Is there a reason apart from the piggies being on fleece that you wanted to change?

Rabbits have much better protected feet, they are fully furred unlike guinea pigs so they don't tend to get sore feet as much (unless they are obese or lazy). It's another reason why they cope with the cold better than piggies. I would personally stick with what your doing. But it's all opinion.

x

As long as their bedding is clean & dry, & the rabbits are healthy they should be ok. You can get snuggle safe pads that stay warm for a few hours. My bun lives in a huge hutch in the shed for the winter & it does get very cold in there at times so I pack his bedroom with a deep layer of barley straw with a good layer of soft hay on the top & cover the bed end of the hutch up. I think natural bedding keeps them warm enough & they can dig in if they need to :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back