• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I have just lost all respect for ASDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MommaPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm so angry. I made an order with them a few days ago to arrive tonight and I go to double check the time and find that my order was canceled!
No phone call to warn me or ask me for different details.

They tried telling me that my card details were incorrect and they were quite apologetic when I told them that, actually, my details were correct!
I've been royally done over for Christmas now! I had my shopping for the week on that order, my piggies veggies and even hay! Aswell as all the stuff I need for Christmas day and Boxing day!
They've just ruined everything. I can't believe it!

I'm so angry...Mainly because they didn't even warn me! I've been sat here like a lemon for nothing pow-pow

They're totally booked up now but I told them that I will check with my bank and they can expect a call back from me and I expect to be squeezed in somewhere else in the week.
They said they're fully booked and then I reminded them that they didn't even tell me my order was canceled, so that's bad customer service and they changed their tune.
I NEED that shopping.

I don't like giving these people a hard time...I know what it's like to get yelled at when it's not your fault but I also know that if you aren't firm...Nothing gets done :(

Last edited:
That's awful:( they should do something because of their mistake!

Asda can be rubbish sometimes especially home delivery!

I put in an order and we hd a ouple of substitutes one being a packet of pepperoni £1.35 they substituted it with deli pepperoni! £7.50's worth! why not just put a few slices in instead of the load I got:{

Also they substituted a family sized meat pie with a tiny pie for one! don't they think:{

This happened to me last week.

Same as you, no phonecall.

I know exactly how you're feeling. I was furious!

I cant stand Asda, i cant bear to go in there, Sainsburys much better and only a little more in price for better quality, ive shopped at Sainsburys for 10 years and never had a bad experience, nice polite staff unlike Asda. Sorry to rant about Asda as i know lots of people shop there, my parents swear by asda and buy everything from there, so dont mean to offend the Asda shoppers :)

I used to shop at asda and it was ok then but i have used it twice for online delivery and one time it didnt turn up i did get it in the end but no one told me i wasnt getting it when i should of they gave me 2 £5 voucher's off (which i had to remind them they had offered me them) i used one but it's just not worth it, i shop at morrisons mainly, sainsbury's (for veggies)and iceland

I used to shop at asda and it was ok then but i have used it twice for online delivery and one time it didnt turn up i did get it in the end but no one told me i wasnt getting it when i should of they gave me 2 £5 voucher's off (which i had to remind them they had offered me them) i used one but it's just not worth it, i shop at morrisons mainly, sainsbury's (for veggies)and iceland

I like Morrisons, i hadnt been there for a while and the last time i went i thought it had gone really expensive, i spent more and came out with less, i love the hot food counter at Morrisons.

I cant stand Asda, i cant bear to go in there, Sainsburys much better and only a little more in price for better quality, ive shopped at Sainsburys for 10 years and never had a bad experience, nice polite staff unlike Asda. Sorry to rant about Asda as i know lots of people shop there, my parents swear by asda and buy everything from there, so dont mean to offend the Asda shoppers :)

The delivery drivers for Asda are polite, more often than not...You get the odd one that's rude but most of them remember you, one of them asked me how my piggies were and I hadn't seen him in 5 weeks! That made me smile but I went to one of their larger stores and found the staff to be very rude.
My Aunt works for Asda and even she says that most of the staff in her store are rude :( thankfully she isn't :)

I know how you feel, I feel that way about a few stores, bad experiences can put you off a store for life!
People make mistakes, that's fine but at least the company should own up to it and not try to put the blame on the customer!
Whatever happened to the customer always being right? I work in retail, I know how annoying customers are :)) but when I'm a customer myself, I expect to be treated the same way I treat someone approaching me...With respect.

I've been tempted to switch to Morrisons...The adverts make their food look so yummy drool

Asda do seem to have a reputation for this what a nightmare.

I went to Tesco the other night and the guy serving me stank.

The only supermarket where i have had good service every time is sainsburies.

Recently I went to Morrisons I was not long out of hospital with my asthma by the time I made it to the till I was really struggling to breathe I went to the basket only till as there wasn't anyone there I begged her to serve me as there were massive queues at the other tills it would of been obvious how poorly I was by my breathing and she point blank refused because I had a trolley. Yet Sainburies have in the past put a staff call out for me when I have been spied on the cameras struggling and a member of staff has always come to my aid helped me complete my shopping give me priority at the till and helped me to my car and put it in the car for me.

Last edited:
I used to think Sainsburys was more expensive but since shopping there our food bill has gone down :{
I like their home delivery too, one week they were literally 5 minutes after our slot and they gave us a £10 gift voucher to use on our next order.

I am glad we are not the only ones with issues with ASDA home delivery, they've been nowt but trouble for us.

We always use Tesco, but lately they have been messing around with the card payment system online, refusing our card even though there is nothing wrong with it and the bank has no issues with it.

So we decided to try ASDA to save the hassle. It only caused more hassle, because the first delivery they did not give us a full box of our groceries, and supplemented toilet wet wipes with household cleaning wipes! What use is that!

We phoned ASDA, they said sorry for the inconvenience, have a free delivery and £2 off voucher for your next shop online.

So we gave them another try. This time they have tried to take the payment twice, citing that because the contents of the delivery had altered, they had to put in a bill twice, but we should get the second bill refunded. WTF planet are they on?!?!?

ASDA home delivery gets a big thumbs down from us.

We will just have to fight our way through as far as Tesco is concerned!

gosh i must be really lucky, i go to Tescos every day in Carnforth and the staff there are brilliant, we have a giggle most mornings, having said that, the morrisons, asda and sainsburys near to me are all ok too. I cant stand bad customer service, there is just no need and no excuse.

Now my dad is going to make me go to Tesco's with him tomorrow...

The reason I get shopping delivered is because I HATE supermarkets with fiery passion!

theyve done exactly the same thing to me before and they dont care

They really don't, do they?
I called them up and gave them a piece of my mind and they told me that if I sorted it with my bank and called back, they would redo my order and squeeze me in for tomorrow.
So I do just that and the women on the other end says "I can get you in for the 27th?" and I told her again and again that the other customer service lady had told me that they could very well squeeze me in because of what had happened...But no!
So I told her that I'd take my business elsewhere.

Maybe not forever...Because I love alot of Asda's own brand stuff but I'll be shopping somewhere else for a little while now, me thinks.
My dad's paying for it this week, because he's such a gent, so his wallet may be crying tomorrow :)

I shop at Morrison's, we haven't got an Asda near us (just as well by the sounds of it!) we have Tesco's I find it quite expensive though. I hate hate hate food shopping to!

i'm gonna sound like a right snobe, yes i mean snobe with an E.... i hate Asda! it's not cheaper than Sainsbury's, i find that for the same quality products, i have to get their Best range as opposed to Sainsbury's own (i rarely get brands). For veggies, I use mostly Sainsbury's basics, they look odd but they're cheap... Plus, here, Asda is in a very different type of neighbourhood from Sainsbury's and they cater for a different clientele, hence the difference in produce (supply and demand I guess)! Anyways, people look at me strangely with my trolley full of veg and fruit when I HAVE to go there compared to the piles of crisps and biscuits, processed foods etc of their regular shoppers.

Sainsbury's deliver within a 1-hr slot, they call to inform if they're gonna be late (or early!) and if they're late, you get a £10 on your next order. Their drivers have always been nice to me, even the guy to whom I opened the door in my towel (I'd forgotten about it...) and he just said 'do you want to go and get dressed whilst I unload your shopping in your kitchen. One of them also asks about my piggies (he has some himself).

In conclusion, stuff Asda, get to anywhere else!

I had a couple of home deliverys from Asda about a year ago and the quality of the food was shocking, I bought some stir fry beef which was completely inedible, even the dog turned his nose up at it. Some of the veg I got was literally rotten so I binned it and rang them to complain. The only way they would give me my money back was if I read them the barcode over the phone, I said I'd put it in the bin and she said well you'll just have to go get it out of the bin. I refused, I didn't see why I should have to go rifling through the bin! Suffice to say I've never been back and mainly use Sainsburys, or occassionally tescos as it's on the high street where I work so pick up bits and pieces on my lunch if I need to. For meat I try to go to a butchers or market/farm shop though as I've had too many bad experiences buying it from supermarkets and try to support our local farmers.

I'm so angry. I made an order with them a few days ago to arrive tonight and I go to double check the time and find that my order was canceled!
No phone call to warn me or ask me for different details.

They tried telling me that my card details were incorrect and they were quite apologetic when I told them that, actually, my details were correct!
I've been royally done over for Christmas now! I had my shopping for the week on that order, my piggies veggies and even hay! Aswell as all the stuff I need for Christmas day and Boxing day!
They've just ruined everything. I can't believe it!

I'm so angry...Mainly because they didn't even warn me! I've been sat here like a lemon for nothing pow-pow

They're totally booked up now but I told them that I will check with my bank and they can expect a call back from me and I expect to be squeezed in somewhere else in the week.
They said they're fully booked and then I reminded them that they didn't even tell me my order was canceled, so that's bad customer service and they changed their tune.
I NEED that shopping.

I don't like giving these people a hard time...I know what it's like to get yelled at when it's not your fault but I also know that if you aren't firm...Nothing gets done :(

Jesus that is well out of order.
I normally order mine with Asda too but this time tried Sainsbury's for my xmas food although I'm buggered now as I'm stuck in Egypt and had to log on today to cancel my order.
Looks like I will be rushing round the supermarket when I get home and god I dont half hate the public at xmas time lol!

I really hope you get it sorted soon and they squeeze you in and give you some kind of compensation.
x

We tend not to use Asda as it means going to Stevenage which we try to avoid (lol). They do do some good vegan packet mixes though so go there especially for them every so often and buy in bulk. Letchworth only has a Sainsburys and Morrisons so we alternate between them though prefer Sainsburys soya milk so use them mostly.

Have never ordered food online so can't comment on deliveries.

Well I have to say I always shop at sainsburys. Often when I get veg it lasts well passed it's BBE date where as ASDA stuff I find always goes manky before! I always use My supermarket.com and find that sainsburys always comes up cheaper when you pick up the deals I find it much better value and quality than any of the others. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back