I have made a complaint . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
to Occupational Health at the hospital.

My office is boiling. It overlooks a courtyard and one wall is all windows. The sun just bounces round off all the other windows. There are blinds which are crap. The windows can only be propped open an inch or two. The thermometer reads in excess of 30 centigrade often. That rash I had a few weeks ago was caused by the heat, my skin is very white and burns straight away. I feel ill in this room all the time in summer.This is my third summer there. I hate the sun and heat. I have told them I need proper windows that open or air conditioning or something. They will call me back - allegedly. I will tell them I am not prepared to come to work in these conditions ;D

D

DebbieR

I know how you feel Lucinda. Its the same here in the summer. No air and 30 degree temperatures. It makes you so ill. Unfortunately, although there is a point at which if it gets too cold you can leave, there is no upper limit. In fact, they reckon its ok to work in temperatures in excess of 36 degrees would you believe! :o
You have to make sure you keep a record of how it is affecting you. Take pictures of the rash if necessary and if it's making you feel ill, go home and make sure they know why you are ill.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I found out last year about the no upper limit thing. It is totally crap!

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well they rang me back and said (typical pass the buck NHS style) I would have to speak to maintenance. Grrr. Maintenence are a load of idiots. they come to unblock the bogs etc. Great.

D

DebbieR

They always blame the maintenance guys ::) There's only so much these people can do. I say give us the advanced temperature control we had in the old days - the power to open a window. Why can't they realise that air conditioning is crap, costs a lot of money to maintain and makes people ill while fresh air is free and people need oxygen >:(

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Maintenance said funding would need to come from my dept to get decent windows. I know th old bag I work with wouldn't release those sort of funds. So I went back to occ health who were very nice. She said if she were me she would be ringing in sick because of the conditions. She said I should go to my line mananger to authorise the funding (a diff bag from the one I work with). I tried her but she never has any time for anything (always rushing off to pointless meetings).

D

DebbieR

Yay. That'll help so much. You should also push for a humidifier. They're not that expensive. I complained until I got one and its fab.

Deb

Reaction score
seems like we all have bosses that are a bit stingy when it comes to our comfort.

Its very stuffy here too, we can thankfully open the windows but even so its still very warm. I have bought my air cooler into the office to try keep us cooler. It was in the old piggie shed but as the new shed in very shaded i dont think am going to need it in there.

My bosses excuse is that this nice weather wont last! so he aint buying anything. Grrrr!

Deb x

D

DebbieR

Barnet council. I have a particularly lovely and understanding boss ;D

D

DebbieR

oops sorry :-[ I'm hijacking your questions Deb ;D

I did wonder why you were asking Lucinda ;D

Deb

Reaction score
;D ;D. i try to do as little as possible ;D ;D

Deb x

L

luvpigs

OOOhhh I'm at the other end of the scale. I am not allowed any heating on at all and in the winter it is soooo cold, I work in a florist and even the bucket where we keep the soaking oasis freezes over. We have to stand there all day in freezing temperatures >:(

Status
Not open for further replies.