• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

I May Be Out Of Commission For Much Of The Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilly

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Last Monday pooch Oreo went to the groomer, piggy Peanut Butter went to the vet for his monthly dental and I went to see a surgeon! Am going to need a left lung re-section. He wants to bung me in asap & said will be this month just hasn't got the exact date yet and I'm to be ready to go in quick. So, as @sport_billy worries about "the curse of the forum buddy" I just wish to advise that if I suddenly disappear for a couple of weeks no need to worry, it will be the surgery. I do well with surgery, the surgeon is confident, I have a very strong heart & low blood pressure so no one should worry unduly.

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
:)) The Curse of the forum buddy :))

Oh, Lilly sorry to hear this. Please take good care of yourself, we will all miss you here on TGPF. Wishing you a speedy, pain free recovery! x

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear this and hope that you will have a good operation and recovery, and be much better for it afterwards! We will keep our fingers crossed for you and miss you in the meantime!

Julie M

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Hope all goes well and you are feeling better soon.

Lilly

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Got my surgery dates. I am going in the 20th & hopefully coming out 26th.

As usual Peanut Butter's timing is impeccable! He started squawking when toileting again at the weekend. Back on double the glucosamine dose plus 1 dose of Tramadol seems to have stopped the pain. Went to the vet on Monday & she felt he had pain in his bladder. Urine sample sent off to the lab but as results won' t be in for at least 3 days it is getting too close to my hospital stay. So the vet will be keeping PB & Hazelnut with her so that she can treat PB or do more tests as needed. I am soooooooo lucky to have found this vet!

@Pebble I have asked for a bladder flush but she wants to wait for the urine tests first.

@Wiebke the vet thought the vegetarian glucosamine powder capsules were a great idea considering we don't have cystease/cystaid here. She mentioned they only treat cats for cystitis in this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.