• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

I need help! My guinea pig is feeling bad!

buksnoslav

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello, i've been having problems with my guinea pig for the past few days and i've noticed that my guinea pig is constantly shaking, has a problem with eating (he wants to it but its hard for some reason) and has white kind of secretion around his eyes! What should I do!
Thank you in common!

SkyPipDotBernie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello, i've been having problems with my guinea pig for the past few days and i've noticed that my guinea pig is constantly shaking, has a problem with eating (he wants to it but its hard for some reason) and has white kind of secretion around his eyes! What should I do!
Thank you in common!
Find a vet now, sounds like back teeth problems, or a respiratory infection. We are not vets in here, this is the best advice . Hope all goes well

Patch89

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I agree wit the above. There are several things it could be but you would need to go to a vet for sure. Piggies can go downhill quickly if not eating, do you have any critical care or nuggets you can soften? This needs to be done with care in case there is a problem with the mouth. Please contact a vet.

helen105281

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Agree with the above, please see a vet as an emergency.