• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I Really Don't Know What To Do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smell! It just stunk like a skunk after 12 hours! I had to chuck it all out.
Haha stunk like a stunk lol! XD
Hmmm if I go C&C I would probably have to use it due to my flooring being carpet and shavings would get moulded into the carpet. Anyone know how to make fleece smell nice? Lol
Was it really really bad?

Haha stunk like a stunk lol! XD
Hmmm if I go C&C I would probably have to use it due to my flooring being carpet and shavings would get moulded into the carpet. Anyone know how to make fleece smell nice? Lol
Was it really really bad?
It was evil!
You will still get hay everywhere anyway.
Use aubiose that vacs up, I know, I have carpet.
Or back2nature, that is heavier than shavings, doesn't get kicked up. And it vacs up ok.

Will aubiose get everywhere though? I have used back2nature and didn't really like it. I have heard many good things about Fitch bedding.

Will aubiose get everywhere though? I have used back2nature and didn't really like it. I have heard many good things about Fitch bedding.
Depends on your piggies. Pigson and teddy did not kick it up at all, the young boys kicked it everywhere, just put a layer of hay over it, I pegged fleece around the outside of the cage, fleece does have it uses! It flatterns down well. Back to nature is expensive. Never used anything else. My outdoors were just on hay as it was a soft floor.

Hi perfect pets. Personally, I would have your boys inside in a c and c cage with a roof and always have the door to the room closed so your dog would not bother them. I have a c and c and use vet bed. I really love it. It stays dry as the urine goes right through it on to the towels I have underneath. I wrote the vet bed review if you wish to read it under the bedding section.

I wouldn't worry too much, chances are you already have little furry visitors in your current outdoor setup.

If you're getting a new shed and set it on a solid base then it should be quite secure. If you line it (insulation, lino etc.) and cover any ventilation holes with fine mesh then mouse access will be more difficult and it should be obvious if they break in (in which case you can deal with them).

Then, or course, are the obvious things of maintaining good hygiene, not leaving too much food out and making sure food is stored in mouse proof containers.

Your idea of a new fence wouldn't stop them, they can fit through the tiniest gaps and climb vertical surfaces.

The points already made about mice and rats are not necessarily accurate, rats may be more aggressive to other species and can do more damage because they are larger but they both carry the same diseases and can be found in the same place - it will be really obvious if you have rats though!

I wouldn't put them in the garage over a shed because you'll probably find mice can get in there anyway.

I have field mice behind our garden, they dont bother the piggies. I have a cat and all houses around me have cats. I've never found evidence of mice in the shed. :tu:

I have field mice behind our garden, they dont bother the piggies. I have a cat and all houses around me have cats. I've never found evidence of mice in the shed. :tu:
Cats are very good at deterring mice. Thomas used to catch one a day! The mice soon got the message.....when they left he moved on to birds, so I had the garden cat proofed!

Thanks everyone for your help! All the comments made have really helped me calm my worries x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back