• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I sponsored a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
i felt bad. i actually was coming back from shopping on my work break and there were sponsers in the street trying to get people to sign up. i spoke with them for a bit so i said, what the hay, ill do it. feels good.

That's so nice of you lovey. It's hard to pick and choose who or what to sponsor these days - there are so many, and sadly, not enough money to go around :(

its true. i hesitate coz you dont know where the money is really going.

That's often my point. You see all these people out asking for sponsors but you never know if they are for real and where all of the money is actually going.

Ok, you get some really nice ones where the money goes to where they say, but you can never be too sure.

I'm gonna check the site just to double check. i also have the option of closing my account, so if worse comes to worse, i will close it.

You should get a photo of the kid and he might write to you which would be lovely. i think that's what happens, doesn't it?

yes, i actually was given the pics and info on the child the same day.

That's wonderful! I sponsor 2 children, a little girl, Elizabeth, from Columbia and a little boy, Edison, from the Philippines. It's one of the things in my life that gives me the most joy. I couldn't be more happy doing anything else. Watching them grow and their lives improve is so wonderful!

Edison2006.jpg

Elizabeth2005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back