• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I think I might propose....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MerryPip

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Me and my girlfrined have been talking about having a civil partnership for over a year now and we have been togehter five and half yearss, own a house together and she moved the length of the country to follow me when my job took me away from home in scotland.

I want to ask her to marry me tommorow when we go out for dinner for my birthday but it's well scary!

We put it off for ages because one of our cose friends got engaged and now my brother got engaged and gets married soon but as my Mum pointed out you can't wait for everyone else forever! i just don't know how to play it.

My parents are christians and find my relationship with Gill difficult but support me well. I have spoken to them about it but am still not sure they are totally happy with the idea of us celebrating our partnership.

Oh it's just so complicated but i am so excited and can't wait...:{

Wow, well done! Getting engaged is rather terrifying, but once the excitement settles down you'll be glowing with happiness. It's a really nice way to confirm your love for a person.

My partner Adam and I will have been engaged for three years in April (we've been together for over five years), a long-term engagement as we simply cannot afford to have a civil partnership yet and we're currently in the process of hopefully buying a house. @)

His Father, sadly, cannot overcome his prejudice and so has never actually met me despite the fact that I moved 60 miles to be with my fiance and we now live in the same town as my partner's parents (he refuses to visit). On the up side, his Mother and sister (and my family) are totally supportive.

I wouldn't trade that little title, 'fiance' for anything in the world.

(...Well, except 'husband.' {:|)

Congratulations to you as well. I am glad someone else has made it that far too.

We did joke about getting the piggies to run down the aisle with the rings but on further thought we reckoned it might end up as chaos!

eeeeeee how exciting! I'm sure it'll be a fantastic moment that you will both treasure forever... now how to get my OH to propose hmmm we've been together almost 5 years, have a house together and now our "babies"

Good luck, and happy birthday for tomorrow. You never know, she may be planning to surprise you for your birthday. xx

Oooo how exciting! :)) Good luck, and a very happy birthday for tomorrow too! :))

happy birthday and congrats for when you propose, when my OH proposed to me i nearly fainted but its the best feeling in the world. good luck x

Good Luck :)
i say go for it. Who cares what others think, you are both in love so do what makes you and your partner happy :(|)
love Stacey x

Thanks everyone. I think I just need to take a deep breath and go for it!

I've got her a swarovski crystal necklace as we decided we werent having engagment rings. I am making a personalised box for it tonight I hope. If i can persuade my slightly wierd stalkerish friend that really he can wait til wednesday to see me ( he's a whole other saga so I won't get started else I'll rant all day!)

oh how exciting!

I have to say I find it amazing that people find it hard to come to terms with their children having same sex relationships, I guess it's people from a different era/background etc with ingrained prejudice views etc, I know that all I care about is my children being happy, and as long as they were happy and not in an unhealthy/abusive relationship I can't imagine not being thrilled for them.

Anyway it'll be great to hear how it goes!

Good luck and happy birthday. My sister had her civil partnership ceremony on Christmas eve. It was a lovely do but a shame that her partners family weren't supportive and didn't come. My dad did a twist on that classic wedding thing, he said he wasn't loosing a daughter but gaining a daughter. It must be love, Laura even took our last name, Paine, yuk I can't wait to get married and be rid of it.

Hope you have a really good day tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back