• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

I think my little male furry friend is dying in front of me

Stephen Little

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My little friend has a large lump on his neck. One vet gave him antibiotics & the next one said it was too risky to operate. I am going back again to see another vet. Best I could get was Monday 10th December.

Can you please send me some advice?
It's doing my head right in.

Regards
Stephen 😓

My little friend has a large lump on his neck. One vet gave him antibiotics & the next one said it was too risky to operate. I am going back again to see another vet. Best I could get was Monday 10th December.

Can you please send me some advice?
It's doing my head right in.

Regards
Stephen 😓

HUGS

I am very sorry. Have the vets said anything as to the nature of the lump or made any investigations as to its nature (cyst, abscess, lymph node infection or lymphoma)? Any further threatment and advice depends on what you are up against. Are you continuing the antibiotic treatment or have you dropped it? What was the antibiotic and the dosage/weight of your piggy?

Please weigh your boy daily at the same time and step in with top up syringe feeding as soon as he loses over 50g/2 oz. Be awaare that over 80% of the daily food intake is hay, which cannot be measured by eye or watching your piggy chew on a bit of crud.
Not Eating, Weight Loss And The Importance Of Syringe Feeding Fibre
Complete Syringe Feeding Guide

You can also help us help you better if you please added your country, state/province or UK county to your account details (via your username on the top bar). We have enquiries from all over the world from very different countries, climates, backgrounds and vet access. Without knowing otherwise, our advice will be as general as possible and UK based; if we know which part of the world you are in, we can tailor our advice to what is available and relevant where you are straight away. Thank you!

I live in Cumbria, UK. I asked if they had stronger antibiotics but they told me they had given him the strongest available. The said it might be lymph nodes buy it was too risky in case they cut a main artery. The vets were very young women to me, one from Australia & one from South Africa. That is why I am going back.

He is in the kitchen with me now & he is making little wheeks. I don't know if he in pain or what?

If he's wheeking like that and he doesn't normally do that, then he could be in pain. Can you get him to an out of hours vet tonight?

Not tonight unfortunately. I have no transport. Should I go later today. It's 12:45am in the UK so I can get him there at 9:30am. What do you think friend?

Hi I am new here so please dont think I am being annoying. When I had my dog Spud he collapsed and we phoned up a vet as they seem to be closed but have one on call. Even if it means a taxi ride its worth it for the animal not to be in distress. This is a few years ago but I think it cost about £100 for the night call out including some tablets. I hope its nothing serious. All the best regards Thomas

Hi I am new here so please dont think I am being annoying. When I had my dog Spud he collapsed and we phoned up a vet as they seem to be closed but have one on call. Even if it means a taxi ride its worth it for the animal not to be in distress. This is a few years ago but I think it cost about £100 for the night call out including some tablets. I hope its nothing serious. All the best regards Thomas

Not tonight unfortunately. I have no transport. Should I go later today. It's 12:45am in the UK so I can get him there at 9:30am. What do you think friend?

Personally I would get him to the vets as soon as possible.

I am. Vet is open is open in six hours. Just keeping a vigil until then. Thanks

My little pig Coco died at 3:40am in front of me. It was fairly quick.

RIP COCO my little furry friend. I will miss you very much. Hope you are in heaven with your little brother WHITEY. 😢

So sorry for your loss, it’s so hard to actually watch them pass away. My Great Dane and my skinny pig both died in my arms. It’s a comfort to know they weren’t alone when they passed though. RIP Coco

So sorry One if my piggies died I know how it feels RIP Coco

Oh so sorry for your loss. Coco went to the Bridge knowing he was loved. He is now there with Whitey having fun and playing Zoomies with his brother again.

Really sorry for your loss. I chose to merge your threads as I appreciate some people might not see the update and it could be difficult for you if people start posting on the first thread asking for an update.

We have a rainbow bridge section of the forum which you are welcome to post a tribute to your little man on if and when you feel ready for this

So sorry for your loss.
It’s hard on you but Coco died in your company knowing he was loved.
Sadly with piggies they can deteriorate very fast.
Look after yourself and take time to grieve

I’m so sorry.

Back