• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elgifu321

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm in the process of trying to foster some small animals, I would take any rodents really and have experience with guinea pigs, rats, mice, dwarf hamsters, syrian hamsters and rabbits. I live in warrington and I saw an ad for the RSPCA not the closest one but second closest to me in altrincham which is 12 miles away (pretty sure my closest don't deal with small furries? at least theres never any on the website) and the lady I spoke to on the phone basically said I was too far away which was a bit annoying but now Ive got my heart set on it... any ideas what I can do next? I'm also looking into studying veterinary nursing next year as my heart just isn't in my current job... and it would be an amazing experience as well as being fab to put on my CV (I'm currently a supply primary school teacher so little animal experience but I'm doing my best)

:( That's a shame.

Have you tried
RSPCA Macclesfield, SE Cheshire & Buxton
Macclesfield
Macclesfield , Cheshire SK10 9DJ

They do have some small furries in at times.

I'll call them but that's further than altrincham... just a bit frustrating that 12 miles is too far? Might ring back tomorrow too just to see if anyone else answers and possibly has a different opinion x

I'm in the process of trying to foster some small animals, I would take any rodents really and have experience with guinea pigs, rats, mice, dwarf hamsters, syrian hamsters and rabbits. I live in warrington and I saw an ad for the RSPCA not the closest one but second closest to me in altrincham which is 12 miles away (pretty sure my closest don't deal with small furries? at least theres never any on the website) and the lady I spoke to on the phone basically said I was too far away which was a bit annoying but now Ive got my heart set on it... any ideas what I can do next? I'm also looking into studying veterinary nursing next year as my heart just isn't in my current job... and it would be an amazing experience as well as being fab to put on my CV (I'm currently a supply primary school teacher so little animal experience but I'm doing my best)
Just don't do what hubby & I did, we rescued Greyhounds off the racing track, we ended up taking 9 of them for keeps.:lol!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back