I wasnt planning on getting any more pets but......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well i was looking on the local facebook for sale page and someone has put an add up about 2 chinese hamsters needing a new home as they dont have time for them anymore. I am waiting to see the pics and see if i can fit the cage in on the book case. Dont think hubby is happy about it though :p

Reaction score
Well i hope they are ok and get on still in the same cage. I have read its not a good idea to have chinese hamsters living together. She still hasnt sent me any pics so will have to wait and see. Hubby still not impressed as i will take it up to 8 hammys lol

Doeylicious

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Our hammy used to live on the bookcase :)

I heard Chinese hammys can be aggressive to each other too, I thought it was only the teeny Roborovski (sp?!) ones that can be together.

Reaction score
Thats what i thought, i have a spare cage just in case they need to be split, i have seen a few people having 2 live together but then i have known some people that have had to split them after a year. I wonder if thats why she is getting rid of them as they are starting to fight.

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Chinese hams are said to be the most placid of the dwarf breeds & they can be housed together but wether they stay together is down to their personalities.
I've had a chinese hamster, they are very shy but love to climb & tunnel, they will also cling to your finger. :)

amywithpiggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Aww you'll love having chinese hamsters they're the sweetest little things :) my Elvis sits in your hand washing his face like nothing's going on :)) such cute little hamsters

Reaction score
Sorry i have taken so long to respond.

I picked them up and they are so cute :) The girl had taken care of them and was honest she didnt have time for them. We have called them Sam and Max and they have settled in really well. Here are some pics :)

This is Sam

06032011574.jpg

This is Max

04032011535.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.