• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I would like some advice..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have mentioned before that I want to get two guinea pigs. I was wondering if I could get an approximation on how much they will cost monthly to ensure I will be able to home them comfortably. I plan on getting the hutch and bedding before hand so that cost is not an issue at the moment. If anyone can help me with this I'd be very appreciative.

Just an approximation of monthly costs, like bedding, food, and veggies. It will be a great help so that I can make sure if I don't get the money right away I can wait until I do.

i get meadow hay every week big bag thats £2.39 sawdust asda £0.75. veg from lidl cucumbers mango pepper melon once a week it lasts all week say about £4.50 but most of time hay lasts 2 weeks dont go mad cleaning out every day like i did i give good clean out twice a week maybe once depends on weather clean bedroom out every 2 days cause always poo in there but every one varys and my neighbour has started bringing round veg what she has left over so if you are friendly with neighbours saves them chucking it in bin recyle

I have 2 indoor guinea pigs and on hay, dry food and veg I probably spend between £30 - £40 a month. Totally depends on what I buy, what brands, if there are any offers and how much of course they're eatting.

Then about every 4 months I buy a large bag of Megazorb at £6.00.

Hi. I'm glad you are looking into the costs first as people usually do it the other way round! The only advice I would give is as well as estimating for the day to day costs its best to have an emergency fund for the vet as well before you start, as the vet bills can clean out your bank account pretty quick!

.... and also if you budget for 2..... you may get tempted to get more rolleyes xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back