• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Ice Storm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairlessWillow7

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm probably going to be on this forum a lot today. Last night, we had a huge ice storm, and now I can't go outside :( I'm stuck in the house. The trees, cars, power lines, and telephone lines are all covered in ice! It looks pretty outside, but huge tree branches keep falling, and i don't like the look of all that ice on the power lines :( At least we still have electricity! The power went out for a short time last night, but came back on. So, basically, all I'm gonna do today is read, go on the computer,and spend time with the piggies.

Sorry to hear that you are stuck indoors, but at least it has some positives, the piggies will get lots of fuss. Hope the ice storm passes soon. Take care.

sorry your stuck indoors although it sounds like the best place to be. it also sounds very pretty, can you take some pics? spending time with the piggies is good.

Thanks! I'm in Michigan. Usually we just get a lot of snow and sub-zero temperatures in the winter, ice storms are not that common. They are very pretty though :) but dangerous.
The piggies are going to get even more spoiled today, that's for sure! :))

Here's some pics of the ice storm

It's quite pretty...
IMG_8577.jpg

IMG_8578.jpg

... but messy
IMG_8579.jpg

I don't like the ice on the power lines!
IMG_8576.jpg

This tree branch is sitting directly in the power lines!
IMG_8580.jpg

Thanks! I'm in Michigan. Usually we just get a lot of snow and sub-zero temperatures in the winter, ice storms are not that common. They are very pretty though :) but dangerous.
The piggies are going to get even more spoiled today, that's for sure! :))

Where abouts in Michigan are you? I love the state of MI, my hubby spends a fair amount of time there with work and I've been a few times for holidays. I last went in early December and just missed the snow (the snow came the day I left again!), although we did get some ice rain. It may be frustrating being stuck inside, but at least you and the piggies are safe x

Thanks everyone! I'm in southern Michigan. It's very nice here (most of the time) but I do think northern Michigan, especially the upper peninsula is prettier!

It's about 25 degrees Fahrenheit outside right now, I think that's about -4 degrees Celsius. I think the United States is the only country to use Fahrenheit temperature scale :)) Sorry, I'm really bored :))

Last edited:
lol, I had to do a Fahrenheit to Celsius conversion to get the temperature! Darn *.S. customary system, it's so inconvenient :)) We should switch to metric! :))

lol at least your learning something on your day in :))

I went out today and brrrr it was cold, I wouldn't of even bothered if it were like your outside LOL I live in Stafford and the area I live is called Highfields and we get what I call wind tunnels, so it's so windy you could fall over, then you step off that road and it's calm lol

Those pictures are amazing, I hope your day was alright and everyone stayed safe. Thanks for the pictures. Wow!

Thanks! Staying inside isn't too bad. I was going to go shopping today though :( I've let the piggies run around, and practiced my clarinet, flute, and trumpet for a while. Still, it's going to be a long day. It's only 11:30 A.M.

The power company is coming (hopefully!) to get that branch off the power lines. If it stays on too long, that power line is going to come down! :( I'm making sure the laptop I'm on is fully charged! So far I still have electricity though! :)

Still stuck :( The power company looked at the branch on the power lines, but haven't done anything yet. So, being really bored, I looked through some silly photos and found 2 I thought were hilarious,of my cat :))

IMG_4362.jpg

IMG_4353.jpg

Silly cat :)) His name is Peeves

Awwwwww...Peeves is soooo cute drool
I suppose I am not helping when I say we had a wonderfuly sunny day today with temps of 28 degrees celcius :))
I'm in South Africa by the way....

Awwwwww...Peeves is soooo cute drool
I suppose I am not helping when I say we had a wonderfuly sunny day today with temps of 28 degrees celcius :))
I'm in South Africa by the way....

Lucky you! :) I wish I was some place warm! It's now snowing here :( Darn ol' Michigan winters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back