• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Icey had her operation ** with pics**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My dad got her to the vets at just after 9 this morning.

Paula, the vet, said she wanted to give her a cuddle before she went under anaesthetic. She did, she said she forgot the side of the cyst and moved, then she had a loads of pus on her shirt! LOL - She laughed too!

She said she had to give Icey a General as the cyst was attatched to some blood vessels. And didn't want to cause any shock.

She was under for about 2 and a half hours! Paula said she removed the large cyst and had cleaned it all up nicely inside. She then found a smaller fatty lump a little further down and so removed that too.

I called the vet at 12-30 and she said I could come and get her at 4pm.

Paula explained all then. Said that Icey came round with no trouble and had been bright and alert! She ate almost straight after she came round! Icey also had an antibiotic injection and a high dose pain killer one.

We had a look at the wound and Paula said she had stitched her up with internal stitches cos piggies are a pain at keeping clean when they shouldn't and might pull them out if they were outside ones!

Icey then started to lick herself. So Paula said that when we got her home to either put a support bandage around her or a sock with the legs holes cut in so that she couldn't lick and would also be fine and safe to go back to Tiny!

On the way home - the vets is a 15 minute walk - we got her some grass and she was munching on that!

The wound

iceyop1.jpg

iceyop2.jpg

Cuddling Me. (excuse my ugly mush)
She came up to me and fell asleep! First she was on the table, then put her paws on my tummy as if saying 'pick me up mummy', I did then she had a quick snooze!

iceyop3.jpg

She's now got a bandage on and look like a little jumper! My poor baby!

iceyop4.jpg

We take her back on friday for another couple of injections and to also check the wound is healing as it should.

Paula is ever so great!

xx Kelly xx

Re: Icey! with pics

Oh my god, that wound is massive... She sounds like she is coping with the whole thing very well considering the size the incision! Fingers crossed for a full and happy recovery!

By the way which vet did you go to? Do you recommend them? As so far they are sounding very good

LOL Just this min texted it to Ellie!

Highly recommended - Avonvale Vets in Warwick!

the wounds always end up bigger then what you can see of the abcess or cyst, my poor domino had a hugh wound but healed up perfectly, the wound looks very tidy and neat, what a relief when she started eating right away, demon had a similar placed abcess and looked like he needed a skin lift op afterwards but it shrunk back after a week or so, I would recomend getting some hibiscrub from boots its always a handy thing to keep for wound cleaning,
love to Icey what a brave little girl ,
its nice to see your moosh Kelly, lol

Bless her I'm really glad the operation went well.

Thanx.

Paula was really confident about it so made it much easier for me.
Of course I was still worried though!

Poor Icey - the wound is similar in size to scarby's!

A GA for two and a half hours - that's longer than a human hip replacement!

What a week for us!

It sure is lovey! Hopefully now, it's settled down for a while! I've had enough downtime for a while!

so glad it got sorted.

love the sock icey!!

The wound is big but you will surprissed how quickly it will heal. so glad she got through it safely.

Michele

Oh poor Icey. That wound is huge :o The sock is a good look though. I think it may just catch on ;D

Seriously though Kelly, I'm so very pleased that she's coping and recovering well. Big hugs to you both.

By the way, I always have a tube of dermisol cream in the house. It speeds up natural healing. I use it on everyone (even me and Steve hee hee). Don't buy it from the vet though cos they rip you off with prices. My vet charged me £12.71 for a tube then I looked on the internet and found the same size for £4.60!

OK thanx a lot. Gonna get that too! Off to see her in a bit! My brave girly!

Catch you all later!

I'm really happy that everything went well! hugs to you and your baby! xx :D

BLESS HER! shes so sweet with her little sweater vest! that wound is HUGE! but I'm sure everything will look ok Flics scar heeled fine when bobbin tore her face off! she has awakward hair now though lol give her a kiss from me shes so sweet x

Thanx again for all your posts! Off to the vet later for a check on it and a couple more injections.

The wound is healing really well and has hardly weeped or bled.

She's been so good with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back